Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea for ADOM Team Competition

all characters could be in simultaneous circulation. If the chars all stack on one bottleneck player, just make the rule, that every player only can "own" the right on one(2?,3?) char at a time, meaning, as long as he has one/more char/s, he will be left out in the order. Then the game should run smoothly. Also, I'd like to see for some players the right to refuse to take on some chars (like me who wouldn't want to play the mana temple - never have been there).

EDIT: or just make a char pool. Everybody can just pick a char ('i got it') from the pool and play it (for a certain number of turns), then return it ('I .. something similar)
    EDIT2: but no twice picking of the same char in a row allowed of course.
    Last edited by Evil Knievel; 07-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Plz remove me from the list, I suck, and don't play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    Plz remove me from the list, I suck, and don't play anyway.
    aaawww.....booooooo!!! hissss!!!

j/k ehehehehe

I like Evil Knievel's character pool idea. That way the game is really a team effort without slowing anything down.

Regarding the pooling of chars etc... I dunno, sounds like it could be very messy without some rigidly enforced structure. I was thinking earlier that the competition would allow for the likes of each player having their own individual class, and the remaining char(s) being shared between everyone. Trying to keep track of a pool of 6 shared chars per thread won't be easy. Of course it could be fun too, and individual groups may decide differently on how to organise things themselves (chars could be split between 2 players each for instance). Main problems are difficulties staying organised and making sure each player gets to contribute on a reasonably equal level.

Will unassigned players get distributed randomly then? It might be an idea to have some basic classification and to create somewhat balanced teams. For instance light (not beaten the tower more than once), medium (not won the game more than once) and heavy (2 or more victories). People could PM LFk their classification instead of having to announce it here. Possibly not needed though - we didn't seem to have any trouble with different mixes of players in The Weakest Link.

Toss me in neutral, since nobody else is there yet

Say I'm in the L group, the best grou- I'm just kidding, I won't start
    that again : ) I have a few team mates, and we figure out who will
    roll and play each race/class combo. Do we actually get to pick which
    race goes with each class, or should it be random?

Also, how about a loose turn limit (20,000?) for each player on each
    PC. Like if I'm playing a hurthling priest, and someone else is playing
    a dwarf healer, we can play our (20,000?) turns straight away, or play
    a few thousand here and there. This wouldn't be something that has to
    be kept close track of, just honor system, and approximate is fine.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Technically if all 6 chars are played at same time it won't take much extra time.

And please remove me from list. I am not particapting at least untill i see final version of rules and check my real life free time.

Thank you.

Thanks for all your input. I have made a decision and revised to rules to reflect as such.

Please let me know if you are confused by them.

It is essentially what you guys did in the weakest link, except that multiple PCs can be in play at once rather than just one.

Obviously, if all 6 are in play at once, it can get hectic to organize which are currently being played and which are idle. It is up to your team to decide how many PCs to keep in play, and who plays them.

When creating the character, you CHOOSE the class from the classes you have available, and CHOOSE the race. I don't think forcing a randomization between the 3-4 races you have available to be significant.

The game will not start until I've left these finals rules up for a while, and no one posts any confusion. I have randomized everyone into teams. Please let me know if you do not want to be on a particular team. You do not have to admit that you don't like the other people on your team. You can simply pretend you don't like the alignment.

1 more person would be ideal, to make each team have 5 people.

Thank you.

P.S. - Last thing: what shall we name this competition? It should capture the theme that the devoted servants of their gods are trying to close the chaos gate (or in the case of the Chaos team, maybe rise to Chaos God), and rise to great fame before the other filthy alignments take all the glory.
    Last edited by LFk; 07-18-2008 at 03:29 AM.

> Remember that each class may only be used once

How many times may each race be used? We (lawfuls) have 3 races,
    and 6 classes. Is it allowed to generate 6 high elven PC's, or
    shall we have a 2 class limit for each race?

As for a challenge name, how about Battle for Ancardia's Destiny. BAD.
    Maybe that's just my own sense of humor though : )

Oh, and how did I know that Grey would end up on the evil side
    of things...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."