Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea for ADOM Team Competition

A spread-out system like that is quite a good idea, there's a large difference between dying on D:50 and dying in the Puppy Cave. It's just too bad there's nothing the neutral team could do. There are plenty of optional challenges that could be worth points, but none of them scream 'neutrality'.

Neutral Bonus Game: Empty the animated forest, literally. Worth: 100pts.

Well, who knows, with enough nonhostile breeders...

Cat ring bonus point?

Nobody is getting the platinum girdle, so let's not pretend. One or maybe two chaos
    gods are a possibility, but I think we should drop the point bonus for it.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Yeah, I agree for the most part - easier just to make it equal for everyone. After all the difference between Chaos God and clearing D50 is possibly less than the difference between clearing D50 and wand of destruction ending. Attaining OCG will just be a style element. No cat ring bonus point - too much imbalance between classes in attaining that.

As for complicating the scoring system, how about 1 point for each orb
    collected, and 3 points for a gate closure.

I suppose we can just use this thread for general discussion.

Grey:
    > Chaos is of course all about treachery and the lust for power above
    > all else, and so our number one target is of course Andor Drakon
    > himself!

Whew, for a second there I thought it was going to be me : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I do like Gut's idea for 1 point per Orb, 3 for Gate closure. But I'm thinking perhaps an additional challenge for each Alignment. What about an extra point for C for OCG, N gets extra point for geting Cat Ring (makes sense for Neutrals not to kill cats, and they have poor classes, so they need a break). Then something is just needed for L's.

Also, I'm pretty stoked that my idea has been used as a name. Makes me feel like a real part of it. I'll need that feeling when my character dies of Acute Blood Poisoning on PC:3, or a Stone Block in the SMC.

EDIT: Though you made the change between myself and Lich on this Thread, you didn't on the respective RW Threads.
    Last edited by Shadow_2014; 07-19-2008 at 02:20 AM.

No cat ring bonus for chaotics at least - just seems ridiculous that the chaotics would be encouraged to adhere to the principles of a fucking cat lord. Killing kittens is the way.

Neutrals have druids - would be silly to give them a bonus for the kitty ring. Besides killing the cat lord is worth a point just as much as getting the ring :P I say scrap the idea for bonus points like that and OCG - let it just be a novelty thing if any team manages it. Major kudos if the lawfuls manage platinum. As for 1 point per orb, that would in my opinion skew people's playstyles to prioritise the orbs. I only suggested Fire and Mana orbs since retrieving them are actually accomplishments (the other temples just aren't in the same league, and don't represent the same element of passing a certain game barrier).

Overall of course I don't care too much about any points system. Chaos will come out top regardless.

Gate is closed or OCG - 1 Victory Point
    Ultra Ending - 1 Ultra Victory Point

Water, earth, air orb - 1 Orb point each
    Fire, Mana orb - 2 Orb points each

The team with the highest number of Victory Points wins. Ultra Victory Points count as normal Victory Points, but in case of an equality in Victory Points the team with the higher number of Ultra Victory Points wins. Should teams still be equal, the Orb Points decide.

That's at least what I'd propose.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.