Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternium Man

Quote Originally Posted by Subconscious View Post
    killing them with pet.
    Huh? Why that?
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    Huh? Why that?
    It's the way to beat Eternium Man challenge that I'm doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    Huh? Why that?
    To avoid xp as SMC gets brutal for even mid level chars.

To avoid gremlins getting tougher due to having high kill number.

It has been done with alarm traps also.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    I have yet to win the game but I'm trying to win Eternium Man challenge right now. I've got succesful gremlin bomb going with Dwarf Bard that has Pick pockets. I don't have food preservation, but I haven't had any problems with that yet.
    To be honest, once you've got the gremlin bomb going, nine-tenths of the work is done - once you've pickpocketed enough PoGA, scrolls of defense/protection and such, you will be buff enough that you can screw things up pretty severely and still recover. I'm impressed that you got the gremlin bomb going without Food Preservation, though. Post-gremlin bomb it doesn't really matter, but pre-, I found it indispensable. All my attempts with chars that I rolled without it didn't last long at all.

Having taken a look at your game in progress on the public server, I notice you've levelled to 9 already - is there a reason for that (trying to obtain all RoDS by pickpocketing instead of dipping or something)?
    Last edited by furious_styles; 02-06-2009 at 04:50 PM.

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by furious_styles View Post
    To be honest, once you've got the gremlin bomb going, nine-tenths of the work is done - once you've pickpocketed enough PoGA, scrolls of defense/protection and such, you will be buff enough that you can screw things up pretty severely and still recover. I'm impressed that you got the gremlin bomb going without Food Preservation, though. Post-gremlin bomb it doesn't really matter, but pre-, I found it indispensable. All my attempts with chars that I rolled without it didn't last long at all.

Having taken a look at your game in progress on the public server, I notice you've levelled to 9 already - is there a reason for that (trying to obtain all RoDS by pickpocketing instead of dipping or something)?
    Yes, I got the gremlin bomb going pretty early. I consider myself really lucky. :3

About my level - I thought that lower danger level items (AoLS, PoEX) drop as frequently despite the seven level change. If they don't - well this will take a little longer but that's really not a problem. I've got about 10 RoDS atm (231k turns passed).

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    About my level - I thought that lower danger level items (AoLS, PoEX) drop as frequently despite the seven level change. If they don't - well this will take a little longer but that's really not a problem. I've got about 10 RoDS atm (231k turns passed).
    That's likely true, I'm not sure about drop rates. It just seemed safest to me to stay as low-level as possible until I wanted to set the Wish engine off, though you do have the added bonus of collecting RoDS in addition to the PoEx and trash rings.

One thing I did notice was that if you advance to level 9, background corruption will start to affect you after the 90-day limit passes. At lower levels it won't, though I'm not sure of the upper bound where it sets in. I don't know whether that will actually be troublesome, as I'm not sure how quickly the SoCR/PoCC accumulate from pickpocketing at level 9. Unexpectedly having the astral space corruption kick in while you're in the middle of a pickpocketing spree can be quite a nasty surprise, though.

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by furious_styles View Post
    That's likely true, I'm not sure about drop rates. It just seemed safest to me to stay as low-level as possible until I wanted to set the Wish engine off, though you do have the added bonus of collecting RoDS in addition to the PoEx and trash rings.

One thing I did notice was that if you advance to level 9, background corruption will start to affect you after the 90-day limit passes. At lower levels it won't, though I'm not sure of the upper bound where it sets in. I don't know whether that will actually be troublesome, as I'm not sure how quickly the SoCR/PoCC accumulate from pickpocketing at level 9. Unexpectedly having the astral space corruption kick in while you're in the middle of a pickpocketing spree can be quite a nasty surprise, though.
    M: 236624 and Elapsed game time: 0 years, 91 days, 21 hours, 6 minutes and 4 seconds.

I've gained some corruptions but a lot of PoCCs and SoCRs have been dropped/pick pocketed. Doesn't seem like a problem.

About astral space corruption, thanks for the warning, I'll wear Teleport control giving equipment from now on (and thick gauntlets too, can't be too cautious).

Is it possible to win Eternium Man without any pickpocketing or wishing?

*yes* But, you'd have to be dating the RNG and just given her a million dollar diamond and sapphire necklace for her birthday.
    Necrophilia isn't *that* bad!
    --Kyle Cope, a gentleman and a scholar.

Technically yes you could probably do same with just gremlin drops and enhancing character hard way, when eliminate gremlins and level up hard way.

But it would be tedious and not so interesting.