Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats so great about smithing.

Eternium plate mails can still be smithed up. I often prefer to use a well smithed Dragon Scale Mail over an eternium plate... less weight, immunity, and comparable values.

Quote Originally Posted by ular View Post
    Eternium plate mails can still be smithed up. I often prefer to use a well smithed Dragon Scale Mail over an eternium plate... less weight, immunity, and comparable values.
    What material is dragon scale?
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

Dragon scale is improved with adamantium. So are maces of destruction, which can still rust, if I recall correctly.

Maces of destruction are indeed adamantium, but how can they still rust then? You mean corrode?
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

@ ural All those exploits you listed has been removed though.

I did smith years ago with one weaponsmith, since then only with the few ingots I find randomly if also finding an Anvil and forge. The game is easy enough without smithing neways.
    Learn to learn.

if by "all" those exploits, you mean ring of weakness, yes. Also, this thread was made in 2008.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

Oh, lol why was it necroed?

No, I mean all.
    Learn to learn.

oh, sorry, and sickness training. but still, it's not like he listed a bevy of exploits.

Smithing is never essential, but it can give you a huge DV boost without using a shield. This makes it good for PCs who want to use a two-handed weapon in the endgame. Anvils are also more common than they used to be, and pickaxes are more durable. :-)

It is a bit of a time sink, but no more so than farming herbs.