Thread: Hack n Slash Challenge

Default Hack n Slash Challenge

This might be interesting, or simply dumb.

The only restriction to this challenge would be that you must kill absolutely every creature your character sees in the game. This includes NPCs. If you enter any towns, you must completely wipe them out before leaving. So if you start the game in Terinyo, you must kill everyone before leaving Terinyo. The winners of this challenge will be determined by number of monsters vanquished.

An interesting aside to this would be to see how far its possibly to progress the plot of ADOM using this strategy.

Question

Some questions:
    So monsters must be killed before leaving the level? Or whenever?

What about blindness?
    Last edited by Laukku; 10-13-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

On a dungeon level, all monsters that are in the character visual range must be killed. Since the dungeon constantly generates new monsters, it isn't really possible to kill all monsters on level. In a town (like Terinyo), the monsters are not regenerated, so if you enter the town, you must kill everyone in it before leaving. In dungeons, you need only kill what is in your visual range, but you would need to kill these monsters before leaving, yes.

In the case of blindness, you would not need to kill whatever's attacking you. If you can't see it, then you're allowed to flee from it. Once you recover from blindness and can see whatever's attacking you, you'd be obligated to kill it.

I like that I could still get an amulet of order and the healing skill if I did this challenge... I think. Oh no, wait. Shit. I could, but I'd have to heal a companion before I enter the VD...

"I will teach you the Art of Healing - OUCH WHY ARE YOU STABBING MEEE?!!"
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

you can get quests done. Just walk to ID find room with mud and do not clean your face. Bit of Zen Monk opening

The mud idea could probably be a separate challenge within itself. Maybe we should make a separate thread for a "blindness" challenge. But to preserve the original intent of this challenge, which is to kill everything as if you were a newbie again, I'm gonna add a "no ID scumming for mud traps" rule.

Sorry, I only read the other forum occasionally. I thought somebody might of come up with this idea before. Oh well, has any other than AshenPlanet managed to achieve some success with this?

no need to apologise man

I tried a few times, but never made it to the tower so far... now I am having bit of an ADOM holiday, so no more progress from me. Its fun