Thread: evil characters offering monster

Default evil characters offering monster

How do you lure monsters onto an altar when you are evil. for good and neutral i find i have to walk onto the altar to get monsters to go on them. altars rarely spawn in the middle of a room and generally either spawn right next to a wall or one square over. its pretty hard to lure a monster onto an altar if its against the wall and you can't stand on it cause you will get sacrificed.

also how do you drop items onto an evil altar without standing on it? Do you drop and kick?
    is it safe to stand on the evil altar in Dwarftown or will someone offer you?

The altar is Dwarftown is never chaotic. If you enter the town chaotic, it will be made neutral, IIRC. If you try to convert it, the townsfolk will attack you. They can't sac you on a chaotic altar anyway though--dwarves are lawful so they can only sac you on a white altar.

Altar generation in rooms is random. Chaotic altars are not more likely to spawn in corners than other altars. If the altar is along a wall but not in a corner, and the room is not too small, you can usually maneuver the monster to stand on it without too much difficulty. At worst, you can dig around the altar to make a bit of space if you're really desperate to sac there.

Kicking stuff onto altars is slow. It will also destroy your potions. Best is to just lock the doors of the room, drop all, pick up all. You're at risk for two turns at most, but that's the price you pay for being chaotic. For the extra paranoid, use invisibility.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by gosos View Post
    How do you lure monsters onto an altar when you are evil. for good and neutral i find i have to walk onto the altar to get monsters to go on them. altars rarely spawn in the middle of a room and generally either spawn right next to a wall or one square over. its pretty hard to lure a monster onto an altar if its against the wall and you can't stand on it cause you will get sacrificed.

also how do you drop items onto an evil altar without standing on it? Do you drop and kick?
    is it safe to stand on the evil altar in Dwarftown or will someone offer you?
    If needed use pickaxe or wand of digging to make room larger. You can lure ants or wall breaking monsters to destroy walls. In 1.2 you can also lure monsters passing through walls to some square in the wall and kill it. This way the wall will break.

If you have evil altar unfortunatelly there is no way but to stand on it do identify items. Kicking them will be tedious and you will destroy your precious potions. Just make sure that there is no one in the line of sight and step on it. You can also close any doors in the room or even create some with wand of door creation for a little extra privacy.

To my knowledge altar in Dwarftown cannot be generated chaotic. If you try to change it to chaotic the priest will attack you - I think that the rest of the dwarf town will follow him.... It is possible to teleport him away and lure to lower level - but what's the point?

One last thing - altars that in the corner are only a problem if you want pre/crowning. Otherwise they are as good as any other altar. Monsters are not the only thing you can sac.
    Last edited by kordi82; 09-18-2013 at 03:48 PM.