Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drakeling Beastfighter wish help

Default Drakeling Beastfighter wish help

I'm playing a L14 Drake candle beastfighter, got BDSM from a random drop already and enough fire resistance to go through the TOEF. Im about.to make a dive down to the water temple. Anyways, a shop on D12 had a RoDS and I'm not sure what to wish for. SoCR seem like a given, but if that's my best bet, might as well just hang on to it. Anyways, my question is what would be a good thing to wish for a beastfighter at my level or even in the long run excluding SoCR?
    Thanks
    (Btw, water temple is as far as I've ever gotten and I'm cautiously optimistic about this character. )
    Gates Closed: Ferr - Dark Elf Beastfighter

Defintiely not wish for SoCRs before you actually need them. They are much less durable than the ring itself.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

My personal favorite has to be a wand of destruction. But then you have to keep that ring or the wand in one piece until D:50 to use it... If you are doing a normal gate-closing, then a wand of destruction might pretty much equal the scrolls of chaos resistance since you don't need to get so much corruption down there. Unless you have lots of slayer ammunition to kill the balors with, of course. Meleeing the balors is a horrible ordeal. But then D:50 is not always diggable I think, so you might need to go through all those writhing masses of primal chaos and perhaps the chaos mutants, unless you shut them in their rooms. For a wand of destruction to be useful you also need teleportation. Otherwise it's more harmful actually.

In any case it's best to let the ring be in that shop until you know what to do with it. : )

I'd wish for Find Weakness if I were you. Beastfighters out of all classes need it most.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    I'd wish for Find Weakness if I were you. Beastfighters out of all classes need it most.
    Agreed.

And as far as corruption removal is concerned just make sure to stash elemental guardian corpses and deliver them to Druid for potions of cure corruption. Not to waste too much ingame time, you can stash them in dwarftown shop. Since you have food preservation this should not be too hard.

Also you can convert yourself to neutral and go to dwarven mystic. If you receive scrolls from him then the decision what to wish for will be even simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-the-red View Post
    Im about.to make a dive down to the water temple.
    Khelavaster dead yet? (If not, saving him is much better than wishing for SoCR directly.)

Other good wishes are girdle of giant strength, seven league boots or wands of paralyzation.

Actually I think I would go for the girdle, it helps to improve your damage output just like find weakness does, but find weakness needs to be raised first before it really becomes effective.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 09-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Khelavaster dead yet? (If not, saving him is much better than wishing for SoCR directly.)

Other good wishes are girdle of giant strength, seven league boots or wands of paralyzation.

Actually I think I would go for the girdle, it helps to improve your damage output just like find weakness does, but find weakness needs to be raised first before it really becomes effective.
    I assumed Khelavaster is dead... if not Amulet of Lifesaving is definitely worth considering. 6 scrolls is defensibility nice and if you find Wand of Wonder it is possible to make use of book of teleportation even for beastfighter. However, it will take you lot's of real life time to make enough castings with Wand of Wonder to train teleportation to decent level....

I disagree with Seven League boots as beastifghter already has class power reducing movement speed and he needs it less than other classes. Sure it is nice to travel fast through wilderness but there are better choices...

Please also remeber about bestfiighters class 40 power which has nice synergy with find weakness. Therefore it seems a beeter choice than girdle of giant strength.

Wand of paralyzation is more tempting for ultraendings and since I assume that khelly is dead this is no longer the case...

Edit:
    Oh.. and Grobbles's footnote also contains a nice piece of advice about what to wish for .

Oh. I actually forgot about Khelevaster. I didn't dive down that far yet in this game. I know what to look for: A room with a bunch of ChAoS creatures with a down staircase. Might just have to wish for that amulet. Also, I accidentally did the carpenter quest instead of the druid's. Can I still give him guardian corpses?

Yes. You just miss herbalism/druid corpse/black torc.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Alright, this is embarrassing. I forgot to bless to RoDS, so now I'm wishless. I was gonna spend it on an amulet of life saving for Kelly. I searched all around for pools on the overworld looking for one or the other (been everywhere I can think, even Darkforge). Any hope of saving him now? His rewards seem worth the trade-off for a wish.

EDIT: Never mind, I just lucked out. So what if I'm (currently) doomed? The gods still love me. I dived down the UD on the off chance of maybe finding one in the shop in HMV and I found a RoDS on my way down. My lesson is officially learned and I'm blessing this one. Still going to go all the way down to see if there is something worth the trip. I'm so fucking happy right now.
    Last edited by Eric-the-red; 09-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.