Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ADOM Sage for Ubuntu, and other distros

Stathol version compiles successfully on Debian 5.0.4 (gcc 4.3.2) with some warnings. Mirror of diff, source tarball, precompiled.

By the way, I have Sage mirrored at http://kiserai.net/adom/sage/ .

Averus' version compiles with no warnings (perhaps because of -Wno-deprecated? ) which is awesome.

Averus files mirrored at precompiled and source.

Thanks for the rehost, Stathol, and great work averus. Sounds like we should go with averus' version from now on.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Source mirrored in GIT: http://git.develz.org/?p=personal/ad....git;a=summary

Includes Stathol's, Averus' and Kilobyte's patches. Successfully compiled with gcc 4.6.

Cheers!

Thumbs up

Don't have much to add to this thread, but I just wanted to say that even though I've been playing ADOM for at least 7 years, I just played through Sage for the first time yesterday. I gotta say, I love it. Especially auto-switching with non-hostiles, and of course, the colored messages. It's like Adom Enhanced.

I also tried playing on the server for the first time yesterday, but I couldn't get on. Kept getting a message from Putty stating "connection timed out", or something along those lines. I assume it's because I reside in the States.. far from the server. Oh well!

I've had a poor soul message me on youtube about getting ADOM Sage to run on a modern distro - I redirected him or her to this thread, which spurs me to ask whether it shouldn't be stickied for the benefit of other Linux users lost in the water.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I've had a poor soul message me on youtube about getting ADOM Sage to run on a modern distro - I redirected him or her to this thread, which spurs me to ask whether it shouldn't be stickied for the benefit of other Linux users lost in the water.
    That poor soul was me -- Thanks

I recommend that the updated links be edited in the original post. Because all of the old ones are broken.

PS : If you haven't already. Watch this amazing LP of ADOM : http://www.youtube.com/silfir
    Last edited by Sariak; 04-22-2012 at 03:53 PM.

I'd like to second the request for a sticky, as it sadly took me about an hour's research to find this, the post that enabled me to get ADOM Sage running on Ubuntu succesfully.

Which leads me to the bit of useful information I can contribute: YES, the Red Hat precompiled binary works for me on Ubuntu 12.04.

Quote Originally Posted by Napkin View Post
    Source mirrored in GIT: http://git.develz.org/?p=personal/ad....git;a=summary

Includes Stathol's, Averus' and Kilobyte's patches. Successfully compiled with gcc 4.6.

Cheers!
    Who's Kilobyte? Is there a diff?
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Help! I checked out the git repo above, and when running make:
    Code:
    ldd adom-sage | perl -ne '($lib, $path) = (/^\s+(libncurses|libc).*=>\s+(\S+)/) and $lib =~ tr/a-z/A-Z/ and print "#define $lib \"$path\"\n"' >config.h
    Unable to find libncurses
    Sure enough, "ldd adom-sage" doesn't have anything with ncurses in it. Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. lib32ncurses5-dev and libncursesw5:i386 is installed. /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5 exists. If I hack the Makefile to add '#define LIBNCURSES "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5"' to config.h, it compiles fine.

Is there a better way?

Also: how come (precompiled) ADOM Sage works with 32-bit ADOM 1.2.0p3 on 32-bit Debian 6, but not on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04? It segfaults on the Ubuntu 12.04:
    Code:
    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0xf7fc3b85 in cur_state () at adom-sage.cc:85
    85          return state_stack.back();

1.2.0p4 switched from vsprintf to vsnprintf. As a result, Sage never calls library.cc:initialize(), and states are not tracked successfully, so the aforementioned segfault happens. I'm working on adding vsnprintf support though it looks big and icky.

Later edit:

vsnprintf wasn't so bad, though for some of the functions I just passed it right through to vsprintf. Upshot: Sage works with 1.2.0pX now, though the autosave (except on save and quit), stat roller, and star sign selector remain indistinguishable from magic. Not sure how to share my code changes either.

Later later edit:

I pushed my changes to a new github repository at https://github.com/AlucardZero/adom-sage . This is my first time using git, so I don't know how to send a pull request (I researched for a bit and gave up), nor even if chojin is still around.
    Last edited by Alucard; 10-26-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    I pushed my changes to a new github repository at https://github.com/AlucardZero/adom-sage . This is my first time using git, so I don't know how to send a pull request (I researched for a bit and gave up), nor even if chojin is still around.
    hi!
    please, can u make binaries for windows?