Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YAVP: Eternium Man win

Indeed: my first attempt - more of a sort of never used a pet before lets have a look curiosity type thing - just ended with the SMC empty apart from me and my bear... bear killed three or four gremlins in that time .

Next time will do best to preserve the buggers. Suppose I should at least zap-id my few wands see if my pickpocketing was effective enough...

In original game (first eternium) seeds were not used. Herbs were forced to cycle with holy water - picked to withered and then pured with water untill blossoms and so on.
    Yep, that's how I did it this time around, as well. I wasn't aware that Gardening turns a level into a herb-sustaining level, I would have used that if I'd known. I used up at least 500 holy waters pouring and blessing stomafillia.

* Where did you get the herbs from (did you make them, how?)
    * How does a blanket and a wand of digging make a water trap O_o
    * How do you copy/paste commands? I use windows ADOM SAGE and I can't get it to work
    As Silfir explained in regards to the first two, pouring holy water, and 'z'apping the wand at your location then 'U'sing a blanket.

As for copy/pasting in ADOM Sage, I actually don't know. I was using PuTTY to play on the public server when I won this game, and in PuTTY's settings, you can configure the mouse buttons to do various things. The default setting for the right mouse button is to paste in whatever's in the clipboard into PuTTY.

So, I just had a Notepad file open with the apostrophe symbol ('), which is the 'repeat last action' command, copied a thousand times. When I was ready to pickpocket, I'd manually enter one pickpocket command, then Select All and Copy in Notepad, then right-click on PuTTY. My PC would then repeat the pickpocket command a thousand times.

After a while the monsters stop generating... I usually have one chance to lure a gremlin to the water trap but then my bear kills it because it wont listen to me :/. I think thats 3 attempts now and 3 deaths from starvation.
    Indeed: my first attempt - more of a sort of never used a pet before lets have a look curiosity type thing - just ended with the SMC empty apart from me and my bear... bear killed three or four gremlins in that time .

Next time will do best to preserve the buggers.
    Regrettably, most of the time with this challenge, you roll-scum for the right skills, then spend several hours pickpocketing in the SMC, then monster generation stops and you starve. You have to get pretty lucky to get all the components together before the SMC shuts generation down, though the length of time this takes does seem to vary - in this attempt, I found the gremlin at around 15k turns, but in past attempts the SMC had stopped producing monsters way, way before this point.

About the bear killing gremlins - if you've already set up your water trap, and have a pickaxe or a spare charge from a wand of digging, it helps a lot to create a circular route (or stick to one if one has been generated naturally) so that you can approach the trap from two directions. This way, if you find a gremlin, you can keep it on one side of you and the bear on the other, and push the bear ahead of you round the corridors while the gremlin follows, taking care to order your pet a few steps ahead when going round corners so that it doesn't attack the gremlin along the diagonal. With care, you can shepherd the gremlin to the water trap without the bear ever getting the chance to take a swing at it.

About eternium man won so far: on polish forum there`s one win with dwarven merchant. You probably won`t be able to read a lot of it, but I post link to flg:
    LINK: http://www.adom.phx.pl/forum/viewtop...?t=772&start=0

That's good. Now try Eternium Man without pick-pockets. Or try without wishing. Or try to do it using neither pick-pockets nor wishing.