Thread: And things started to go so well...

Default And things started to go so well...

I was playing a high elven priest. His name was (probably) Belpel. I visited PC and finished the Yrrigs quest. Things went quite well (except for killing a few cats): found an altar, got several blink dog corpses, got a really nice 2x2 bush of morgia roots and mosses of mareilon, found many spellbooks and advanced to level 11 (or 12?). On D:8 I decided to try identifying some wands by zapping them. I was standing at the entrance to a corridor so I could direct bolts there. But one of them turned out to be a wand of ball lightning - the bolt bounced off the opposite walls of the room, hitting me twice, which was ebough to kill my character. And things started to go so well... :(
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

That's why I only test wands in the wilderness :P

yeah same here, too many times has that happened too me! Even worse is a potion/wand of wonder and it makes you cast ball lightning in the cramped dungeon. ugh.