Thread: The first character you actually "Missed"

Default The first character you actually "Missed"

Lets face it when we all started playing adom we went through characters as fast yggaz through a 12 pack. What was the first character you actually missed when it died, such as the first character you made serious progress in and was quite angry it died!

Mine was probably my level 13 human barbarian named Conan lol. Sure level 13 wasnt very high, but for me most of my characters only got to level 6 or 7 before some stupid death like starving in the wilderness. I think i just got the dwarven graveyard quest and when i was searching for it I was strolling through the hills in the souther part of the darkalor chain. I was ambushed by a stone giant! "OK" I thought "This guy is tough this will be hard, but I can take it!" I actually lasted quite a while and manage to get him seriously hurt before i was pummeled to death by living stone. I actually stoped playing adom for a few days when that happened lol i was soooo bummed i thought i'd never get a character that high again.

a level 9 paladin. It was liek ovar nine thousaaaaand!
    What a deliciously boring signature.

My poor poor lvl 6 necromancer T_T.

Starvation... Damn.. these monster never leave a corpse when needed.
    I never won a Adom game...

The characters I miss are always the ones that die horribly to ADOM crashing. I was so angry once in college because my Human Druid had his game crashed at something like level 39! Just like others I was so angry that I couldn't play for a few days or even weeks, but as always I eventually returned.

25 lev. hurtling Assassin. My first to recover the Orb of Elemental Fire. Died to a crash. -sob-

I?ll always remember my level 20 gnomish mindcrafter... named Tian (i know, it isn?t original at all) he was quite powerful, but still somewhat fragile against powerful monster... I had the *GREAT* idea of digging a "great treasures are buried here" grave... f***ing master lich....

It was a trollish beastfighter I think, first character to get to upper level of ToEF. The wyrm blasted him from about 6 squares apart when he was running for his and just got to the stairs...

I think my level 19 high elven archer is close to the first spot. She was the best character I had after I stopped savescumming (had savescummed a high elven archer to level 14 when I decided to stop), and the first character I ever managed to take to the water temple.

I defeated the Snake from Beyond in a long, hard and gruesome battle, and then died to the poison. I had cure poison potions no problem - I just completely forgot about the poisoning, and that was before I knew about poison resistance from spider corpses. After walking a couple of steps... just BAM. You die...

I was utterly devastated. I think I didn't touch ADOM for quite some time after that.

High elven archer was my first victory roughly five months later.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Vanquesse, L11 high elven archer. She was wasted away by the terrible black fever in the village "Terinyo"...
    I have high hopes for my current high elven archer, who is L14, the highest level I have reached so far.

But then she decided to go swimming with no swimming skill just to avoid killing a house cat...