Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone circle question

Default Stone circle question

Is it possible to miss the time window through no fault of one's own for entering the Stone Circle on Darknight or have I done something stupid here? I have an ultra attempt in progress, fed and then 'C'hatted to the ratling, did the Gaab'Baay quests and got the Medal of Chaos, and arrived at the Stone Circle on day 58. Proceeded to stand on the Stone Circle map square and press '>' continuously until day 62, with no result other than "Where do you want to go?". What did I do wrong?

That's shitty, it can happen because the time that goes for a single > pressing takes a bit more than an hour. And the timeframe in which you need to get to the circle is one hour. So do the math, you're out of luck. This can be avoided by taking steps to the next square and back, and continuously watching for the right hour to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars View Post
    That's shitty, it can happen because the time that goes for a single > pressing takes a bit more than an hour. And the timeframe in which you need to get to the circle is one hour. So do the math, you're out of luck. This can be avoided by taking steps to the next square and back, and continuously watching for the right hour to come.
    Ugh, that sucks. I'm relatively inexperienced with ultras (only the one win) so I didn't know that was possible. I'll try again on 90 days and see if I can cope with the added corruption. Thanks for the answer.

90 days? It's 30 you have to wait. You can only enter on the last hour of DarkNight (between 23:00 and 23:59 on the 30th day of the month).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

In the meantime, you might want to go looking for some SLB... maybe in blue dragon caves? As you probably know, they eliminate the chance of this kind of failure (unless you're badly strained, maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    90 days? It's 30 you have to wait. You can only enter on the last hour of DarkNight (between 23:00 and 23:59 on the 30th day of the month).
    Yeah, I said I'll try again on 90 days (as I said in the first post, I first tried to enter the Stone Circle on day 60), not in 90 days (I'm not quite that inexperienced with ultras! )
    Last edited by furious_styles; 01-19-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkos View Post
    In the meantime, you might want to go looking for some SLB... maybe in blue dragon caves? As you probably know, they eliminate the chance of this kind of failure (unless you're badly strained, maybe?)
    I was wearing blessed 7LB when I was trying to enter the circle though I was Strained, as you mention.

Waiting on the spot takes a little over an hour, so if you're unlucky you might just miss the time! It's best to walk around the spot wearing SLBs when close to the time, and actually move onto the square when you know your next move will take you into the final hour.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Normally pressing > takes less then hour, iirc. Unless some modifiers are involved. I missed circle twice with stiffle muscle corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Normally pressing > takes less then hour, iirc. Unless some modifiers are involved. I missed circle twice with stiffle muscle corruption.
    I had tough scales and astral space. Don't know if tough scales should have slowed me down, but I wouldn't have thought so?