Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this quest really worth it?

Default Is this quest really worth it?

Is the quest from Tyre to kill Hotzenplotz really worth it? I've only had one character actually complete it.

Are the rewards really worth the likely death of a early character?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Is the quest from Tyre to kill Hotzenplotz really worth it? I've only had one character actually complete it.

Are the rewards really worth the likely death of a early character?
    I almost always start my wizards by killing Hotzenplotz and his gangsters. They are probably among the 2nd or so killed monsters on my list.

it really depends. Its a great early XP boost if you can kill them along with a nice heap of gold. If you plan to either stay lawful or go for an ultra ending the amulet can help when you shift your alignment also. Honestly though, I rarely do it even with a caster.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

The amulet is potentially useful for everyone, so it's a good quest. Using the water and missiles, anyone can kill him. Or wait a while longer and you can kill him easily without fancy tricks. As with everything, you just need to know how to do it and/or when to do it.

The amulet is generally worth getting if planning to be crowned lawful, as long as you have spells (wand-fueled if necessary) to take him out it's doable at any point. You can also use strong missile skills, as long as you're fast enough (above 100 or 100 plus Long Stride). He is also good XP and a source of gold. His only use otherwise is getting Healing if you're chaotic and can't or won't get it from Jharod, so you might want to postpone his unevitable death in that case.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I always considered cash frops being main reward...

C'mmon few zaps of wand and you have money for shopping or buying detect traps

Money makes the world go 'round
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Thanks for the quick replies! Truth be told, I posted this after getting killed as a level 13 orc barbarian.

Another question related to Hotz's biggest threat, after eating the proper corpse, will eating another increase poison resistance? He kinda poisoned me to death after picking up that resistance... well that and my diety which I'd cultivated a decent (non-pre-crowning since I can't seem to get the relationship high enough as of yet) relationship with decided to turn his back at the worst time possible.

Keep a distance. Barbs usually use missiles quite good.

And honestly Hotz can shred ~lv10 chars easily if given chance. So do not give it to him.

noooope you get poison resistance once and thats it.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.