Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this quest really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    noooope you get poison resistance once and thats it.
    Resistances can be enhanced through items, though I don't know how muich effect theat has. Intrinsics are a on/off thing.

Hotzenplotz's poison can be quite strong, and stacks with several hits, so even with resistance you'll find yourself in serious trouble. Ranged attacks are a must if you want to kill him.

To maximise the rewards of his early demise I recommend killingthe thief as well - 3000 gold and half price at the black market can usually help with some good early game kit.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

You necro'd this thread... why?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Grey was a bot after all.
    I doubted all these years, but this is the final evidence.

The only question being if he always was one or devolved into one...

Quote Originally Posted by Orbic View Post
    Grey was a bot after all.
    I doubted all these years, but this is the final evidence.

The only question being if he always was one or devolved into one...
    All guys coming from binkster forums are actually bots. We just have diferent behaviour code.

Mine is rather simplistic son of bitch that is.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Mine is very sophisticated! It takes a lot of very intricate coding to produce something capable of my level of utter bullshittery.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    And honestly Hotz can shred ~lv10 chars easily if given chance. So do not give it to him.
    I want most of my characters to go the "neutral alignement way" so the amulet of order is very nice to keep a good control of Your alignement - both law and neutral characters that want to dig in the graveyard or eat a wight corpse or ...

There's no need trying Hotzenplotz with Lvl 10 char. Most of my chars do him when it's time to enter pyramid Lvl 14-17.

(still I haven' won the game, I really should do the chaos way sometimes to get more information about the game... )

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbse View Post
    There's no need trying Hotzenplotz with Lvl 10 char. Most of my chars do him when it's time to enter pyramid Lvl 14-17.
    He's death itself to engage in melee at any reasonably low level (penetrates PV as well as poisoning, I believe?), but spells and missiles will destroy him easily. Maybe 50-75% of my archers and offensive spellcasters begin the game by finishing him off - free gold (and fast experience!) at the one time in the game gold can potentially be a problem.

I always do this quest as soon as I can. I prefer being L+ at all times. This amulet of order makes changing alignments a matter of waiting. Preferably, I'll be L before entering Dwarftown so that I get a white altar in there. Besides, if you have to worry about this, then you're a fairly fresh character. It's not such a loss as, say, dying due to not meeting requirements for an Ultra ending while you enter the gate.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    Preferably, I'll be L before entering Dwarftown so that I get a white altar in there.
    Being a utilitary respecting person, i'd prefer neutral. Better mystic rewards, easy to get crowned early (vault + altar) and easy alignment manipulation. Along with feeling neutral myself.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game