Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drakeling Fighter Almost Win (SPOILER NOTE)

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    I rarely get even one weapon skill to grand mastery, even when using the same weapon nearly all the game. Even my monks or beastfighters who fight the whole game unarmed usually have unarmed fighting skill at 13 or 14 only.
    I got unarmed fighting to 15 even without doing any unarmed fighting at all, I just did kicking a lot. That gives +12 DV when unarmed, or only +6 DV even when wielding a quarterstaff (I tested this).

How often do you have to kick to reach Grand Mastery? o_O
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

30 - 35 000 weapon marks at least.

"Actually even in melee I usually use defensive or very defensive tactics."

Are you aware that playing defensive doesnt give you weapon marks?
    Getting multiple grandmastery while in defensive sounds bit... ehhh...

Very defensive doesn't allow marks - defensive does though. Still, if it is a true story then it's nonetheless a ridiculous story. There is no pride in such dullard play.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

nathrakh Guest

Obvious troll is obvious.

I managed to win the game. I used all scrolls of peace in the D:50, and was trying to figure out how to fight everyone. At first it was extremelyu difficult but then finally I figured it out. I figured out that constantly switching tactics helps a lot. I also used a scroll of monster aggravation, but I'm not exactly sure of its effect, but maybe it helped? I defeated the greater balor and the other balors, then entered each room by the secret entrance to pull the levers. And, if you are standing in the south-east corner of the south lever room, the correct way to shoot a magic missile is south-west, not north-west. OK? Kicking the levers doesn't do anything. I was going to try to use a wand of destruction but I lost it in the air temple (before I figured out that items got destroyed there), so I had to do it by fighting. Wands of digging also helped on the right side of the level, a scroll of familiar summoning helped, potions of cure corruption helped (I had no scrolls of chaos resistance), some of the corruptions helped, but an amulet of life-saving was unnecessary (I thought it was necessary but it wasn't necessary). I teleported to the stairs after pulling the lever then go upstairs, and then go to white unicorn to remove all corruption and exit Drakalor Chain. I did manage to become a messiah of Sssracht after winning the game.

(Note to moderator: Please move to Victory Post section)
    Last edited by zzo38; 01-29-2009 at 08:45 PM.