Thread: set a few guidelines

Default set a few guidelines

it would be best to encourage expansion as long as it only goes in the direction of the original game, E.g.
    1. No specific interest varients eg( cyberpunk,steampunk, ect)
    2. only add things which would be considered in the same era as the game, (no AK-47s)
    3. try to make the additions stay in the same general mood as the rest of the game, no ridiculous monsters, no damned crap such as that.
    4. if any of the first three guidelines are broken don't bother uploading it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaked122 View Post
    it would be best to encourage expansion as long as it only goes in the direction of the original game, E.g.
    1. No specific interest varients eg( cyberpunk,steampunk, ect)
    2. only add things which would be considered in the same era as the game, (no AK-47s)
    3. try to make the additions stay in the same general mood as the rest of the game, no ridiculous monsters, no damned crap such as that.
    4. if any of the first three guidelines are broken don't bother uploading it.
    I do think these are good guidelines. However, I think trademarks should be used to enforce these rules, but the copyright license for the source-codes should not disallow these changes, just license it by GNU GPL or something like that. You can still discourage of breaking these guidelines by other ways though.

I believe that trademarks would only disallow for the things to be called ADOM if it didn't meet whatever guidelines within the license or whatever