Thread: Dungeon features interrupting each other

Default Dungeon features interrupting each other

So, I'm back after a long stint of reality. Yay.

Anyway, playing a drakish beastfighter I ran into a river at D:13 (damn). I also spawned a lesser undead vault (yay). When I arrived at the vault and began shredding the various zombies/skeles/ghuls I realised the river was broken in places, presumably by the generation of the vault creatures on the same squares. In all my ADOM shenanigans, this is the first time I've seen one feature override another...Anyone seen other cases of this.

(Similarly, I've had tension rooms generate on top of trap rooms, which makes for great fun watching the carnage that ensues as all the monsters trying to reach and kill you are slaughtered by traps).
    Necrophilia isn't *that* bad!
    --Kyle Cope, a gentleman and a scholar.

I've seen a river cut clear through a vault, causing the vault to be divided into bite sized sections(but also have less loot), which is pretty much the reverse of what you described, but that was all I've seen.
    Wins so far:
    Standard Win: Sean, Level 50 Gray Elven Wizard

I have seen both of those happen a number of times and I will say the monster trap carnage is the greatest thing evar.

Ok, so I'm exaggerating.

I've seen rivers take the edge wall off dark rooms and tension rooms before - looks kinda funny. Most annoying is when the stairs-room is fully flooded by a wide river.

As for tension rooms overcrossing with trap rooms, as far as I'm aware the game is hard-coded to always have the two on top of each other if they're both generated on the same level. Makes for great fun.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

spent some time codediving lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I've seen rivers take the edge wall off dark rooms and tension rooms before - looks kinda funny. Most annoying is when the stairs-room is fully flooded by a wide river.
    Speaking of "fun" once I had dark stair room with river going throught it, so it was something like that:

=====
    ==<==
    =====

Do I have to add that I had no light source or swimming skill and was low on hp?

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    spent some time codediving lately?
    Nah, but it's been presumed by many that the game deliberately crosses the two over, since it always seems to happen. Maybe it's a bug rather than deliberate.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Much like entering a dark room, getting the message that I will likely be eaten by a grue... spending 20-30 turns in it, then using a crystal of light to flare it up a bit... and finding it to be full of blue grues which just sat there peacefully (threat room) because they cant see, and therefore cant attack, in dark. Talk about overlap of features, heh... grues + dark.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼