Thread: guaranteed anti aging...?

Default guaranteed anti aging...?

So, the drakish beastfighter I'm playing ran into a tension room of ghosts in the dwarven halls, oh boy! Now he has 50 years of unnatural aging...putting him at 76, a dangerous place considering drakelings get 60+8d4 years of life. I could be knocking at death's door now, or very soon. This is blocking my progress (as I have no intention of attempting the CoC graveyard in such a state)...so, is there any non-wish/guaranteed way to generate potions of youth, or reverse aging effects, because otherwise I fear it may soon be curtains for this drakeling.
    Necrophilia isn't *that* bad!
    --Kyle Cope, a gentleman and a scholar.

I think aging monsters don`t see invisible, so if you have some potions of invis or other items granting invisibility you may pass graveyard safely.

Oh, and only anti-aging things I`m aware of are pools (but they can also age, so not really safe), and potions (I think potions of youth/longevity are common recipes in alchemy, so you might want to wish for it once you get a wish).

There is nothing guaranteed. If you get alchemy (worth a wish sometimes) then you can learn a recipe that might be easy to do. Otherwise your only hope is to find some potions of youth and longevity - pickpocketing helps.

However, don't despair - there are some important things to consider. Firstly much of the CoC graveyard can be bypassing quickly. Secondly if you have a means of invisibility then no ageing creature can see you, and so they can be avoided completely.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Ooh, so invis works, that's good to know. Now to find a source of near permanent invisibility! And then to the potions!

edit: walked immediately into a ghost after posting this and died of old age. -.-
    Last edited by baby-eater; 01-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Finaly, a beastfighter will actually have a use for that
    quarterstaff of devastation he is bound to find. To aid
    in walking.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I have to say you really need to learn some lessons in missile combat and getting decent PV. Ghosts aren't normally that much of a threat unless you fight them very recklessly. I mean really, as a drakeling you could at least go Coward and spit them to death.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

I have to say you really need to learn some lessons in missile combat and getting decent PV. Ghosts aren't normally that much of a threat unless you fight them very recklessly. I mean really, as a drakeling you could at least go Coward and spit them to death.
    Or it was a dark room and an out-of-depth ghost lord. By the time i found out what was "passing very closely beside my head" it contacted and pushed my age over the lifespan.

Ah, the wonders of the RNG - commiserations
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

It certainly is like the petal picking game we played as children: She loves me...She loves me not...

Except every now and then the petal spontaneously combusts and burns our arms, scarring us for life. Yet we still keep coming back to this abusive lover
    Platinum Edition ADOMer