Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes

Bah! anything worth converting can and should be made into the storytelling system World of Darkness uses. It's simple, yet robust with many open uses for the story teller. Lacking that, a d20 system conversion would be fun too.

Can anybody give me a basic outline of how exactly a basic PnP works? It sounds really interesting and something I'd like to see done with ADOM, I'm just not sure of all the details of a PnP game.

Default Wikipedia saves!

I'm no expert, but maybe you will find this Wikipedia article helpful.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Any chance of the Creator releasing the formulas used in the game for calculating events, experience, etc? Or would that fall under the secrets he wants to keep to himself?

I have a D&D game that is somewhat similar to this game (intentionally). I don't consider it plagerism... it's more like a tribute.

Oh with all the dice rolling apps today one smartphone replaces a bag of old school dice - even the really exotic (or impossible) ones like d15, d17 etc. I'd love to see a tabletop ADOM option, and importantly one that is NOT d20 system. Please don't misunderstand me; the d20 system has some great features and I've spent many an evening enjoying games based on that system. However I love ADOMs quirky - and original - take on the established RPG genre. Vive la difference!

Yes, to make it work for pen-and-paper would need some serious rules conversion, people ain't computers after all... But it would be really neat to play!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Quote Originally Posted by ivoryknight View Post
    Any chance of the Creator releasing the formulas used in the game for calculating events, experience, etc? Or would that fall under the secrets he wants to keep to himself?
    I don't think those formulas would carry over anyway. New ones would probably be required (also leaving stuff to the DM's discretion). Some of the mechanisms - like XP degrading with increasing kill count - are useful to have tables for, but the exact mathematical formulas would probably be horrible to have to calculate by hand during a game.