Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elementalists vs. Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Priests don't start with offensive spells - their early game survival is dependant on their halfway decent melee power early on. I'll agree that they are second only to wizards when it comes to versatility in spellcasting later - with even more awesome spell cost reductions - since they find books only slightly less frequently.

So yeah - they ARE easy to play.
    tell that to the dark elf priest of mine that started with minor punishment.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

dont forget necros either. power houses!! my last necro had plenty of books and castings along with the ability to raise all corpses in sight as ghouls or wraiths...for a moderate amount of PP. Death touch is sorta kinda good...cheat death? sweeeeet. resistance vs undead attacks is always a plus too stat drain is annoying. and slaves can save your ass when a wizard would have been alone and hacked to bits.

Priests don't USUALLY start with offensive spells, okay
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Druids?...

Anybody?...

*goes to a corner*
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Early game very much fine,

not as madly powerful in the endgame though.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Nah, I'd say that any spellcaster can be madly powerful in the endgame. Depends on your definition of "madly" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Priests don't start with offensive spells - their early game survival is dependant on their halfway decent melee power early on.
    Melee and/or ranged power - a HE/GE priest, for instance, starts out with a longbow and quite a few arrows (on top of elven chain mail).

Necro's have a wonderful mana-training tool (Necromancy). While it hurts your score initially, I find it recharges and surpasses itself fairly rapidly. Not to mention the added endgame benefit of stacking on the +To gear and going God Mode.
    Necrophilia isn't *that* bad!
    --Kyle Cope, a gentleman and a scholar.

finally someone else that appreciates necromantic acts! i wana be a leezard man necro and name him Venril Sathir...