Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What could be removed from ADOM?

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Homonculus doesn't use a sleep attack, it just sends you to sleep if you eat it.
    Homonculus has got me to sleep twice before.

For the record, I was actually referring to the fact that the only monster in the game that uses Petrify is Gorgon. Sleep is still pretty useless though--it's a rare effect only used by a couple of weak monsters.

Like Grey, I was under the impression homunculi did not have sleep attacks, only the sleep effect on their corpse. And unlike natrakh, I actually cannot remember being put to sleep by them at all.

I do trust his and Soirana's combined experience in this over mine and Grey's. So, three sleep attackers, one of which has a corpse that causes sleep.

I think the current petrification situation is fine as it is. ADOM doesn't particularly need more sources of instadeath threat.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Somebody over at brinkster used to have a sig something like:

"The following is a real ADOM message: "The homonculous hits
    you. You fall asleep. Would you like to continue to read the
    spellbook Y/N?"
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Homunculus definitively have a sleep attack, or it might be a sort of sleep defence that only activates when you attack it. It is how I got a character killed in that L/N/C team game last year.

That was a great challenge. I remember, the Law team completely
    dominated! We won flawless victories with nearly all of our PC's,
    while the nuetral team only won with some of theirs, and the
    chaotic team barely got a single victory before just giving up and
    quitting ; )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Well we were chaotic - we get easily distracted.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

If I remember right, the Law team got two victories, and the Balance team three...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

If I remember correctly (which is probably true, as I've just consulted GB), cooshoo also has sleep attack, so it would be 4 guys...

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    If I remember correctly (which is probably true, as I've just consulted GB), cooshoo also has sleep attack, so it would be 4 guys...
    Not that you said it, I recall being put to slept by a cooshoo too. Confirmed.