Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request for sample

Yeah, S**f*r always calls salt salt, and I respect him for that.

Pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    Silfir never held these words back, or hid them under asterisks. Either use them fully, or not. Because you're not doing any lesser evil by "hiding" a word in a manner like this.

All others, if you dont know which word I mean, just carry on.

If someone doesn't want to swear or use a certain word, for whatever reason, it doesn't do you any harm to let them use asterisks.

If they really "didnt want to swear", then they wont do it in such a "hidden" way either. The fact that their word is partly hidden in asterisks, doesnt change (or lessen) this other fact that the point got across and that the actual curseword formed in our minds. If you really want to protect yourself and others from cursewords, then dont use them at all. Surely there are other proper alternatives to words like ****, **** and ******* (pun intended).

Such a usage of asterisks is an excuse to use all kinds of cursewords that everyone will understand, and then wash your hands of it, as if you didnt ever say anything bad.

But ultimately, this is not aimed at Sintaluva, and it is not personal. It's become a trend to warp the definition of morals into morals that fit your current needs, and this is especially popular on internet. Again, I dont blame any given individual. I blame the immature community for... being unable to show them the more moral ways instead. Well at least people dont go 'no, u' on these forums, and I highly appreciate that.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

What Elone said.

s**t is the same as shit, only with an extra serving of hypocrisy.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    If they really "didnt want to swear", then they wont do it in such a "hidden" way either.
    Furthermore, swearing adds emphasis and not meaning. If you don't swear, there are other ways to add emphasis. For exampe:
    Plain form- "My boss is stupid."
    Using bold- "My boss is stupid."
    Using an adjective- "My boss is very stupid."
    Using profanity- "My boss is <insert adjective form of profanity of choice here> stupid."

If you don't swear, why not pick a clean word with the meaning you intend to use. Using $%& signs or **** signs strikes me as swearing because everyone else swears, but not swearing because other people don't find it acceptable. Do you find it acceptable or not? Again, not directed at anyone in particular.

What Silfir said.

He managed to say what I wanted to say, but in far less words.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Maybe this is the word you are looking for:

STOP

Please, get back on topic. Thanks
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Oh, an anagram! He means:
    But since the original topic is more or less discussed/answered already, we'll just continue the topic as is. Then again, this other topic was kind of answered too. But do post! Epythic said so >.>
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

That wasnt an anagram, was it? -_-
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

You cant say shit on the internet! Didnt you guys learn anything today? If you go on saying shit on the internet kenny will die!

... sry had to.