Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Races

I'll bet keeping the gods happy will get even more wacky under that system.

Supposedly there will also be even more dieties than before, such as a neutral diety than anyone can worship just not one race, or an evil one that all evil races can worship not just dark elves, gods that prefer followers to be warriors, or ones that prefer magic users, etc. Sorta like dungeon crawls but hopefully a lot more interesting to use.

I really like that he's adding ratlings... they are distinctly different. Maybe have sub races? then they don't need to be completely different. ex.
    There are elves...
    then there are sea elves, Lava elves, high elves, wood elves, dark elves, grey elves, Fairy elves, half elves and/or insert-elfy-sounding-name-here-for-elf-who-truly-is-a-snob-and-is-very-secluded-and-hates-everybody elves.
    Dwarves: hill, mountain, deep...
    Drakeling: Drakeling, Dragonspawn, Serpentmen....
    Men: Highmen (loke in AoW!), human and another-made-up-name-for-someone.
    Giants: Ogres, trolls, Minotaurs...
    Monster-folkish-people: Goblin, Kobold, Orc, a race of completely magical spiders who annot weild anything, but are forced to carry things in sacks only.
    Peaceful folk: gnome, hurthling...
    random randomness =)
    all would be different enough in abilities to matter, but all mostly similar in stats.

Add humans as a playable race plz. As for the other races, in ADOM they only different from each other by a few base stats. I mean, how different can a wood elf be different from a tree elf and a green elf? I will be happy if there are only several basic races, but if control over character creation is better. That way you could get any variety you want, all the same. I wont be happy if I have to see more races to choose from than fits the screen.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Quote Originally Posted by Krough Firender View Post
    I really like that he's adding ratlings... they are distinctly different. Maybe have sub races? then they don't need to be completely different. ex.
    There are elves...
    then there are sea elves, Lava elves, high elves, wood elves, dark elves, grey elves, Fairy elves, half elves and/or insert-elfy-sounding-name-here-for-elf-who-truly-is-a-snob-and-is-very-secluded-and-hates-everybody elves.
    Dwarves: hill, mountain, deep...
    Drakeling: Drakeling, Dragonspawn, Serpentmen....
    Men: Highmen (loke in AoW!), human and another-made-up-name-for-someone.
    Giants: Ogres, trolls, Minotaurs...
    Monster-folkish-people: Goblin, Kobold, Orc, a race of completely magical spiders who annot weild anything, but are forced to carry things in sacks only.
    Peaceful folk: gnome, hurthling...
    random randomness =)
    all would be different enough in abilities to matter, but all mostly similar in stats.
    Really good... I'd just like to add a few...

Gremlin, you could get an army to support you by swimming around for a while...
    A race of spiders that was only half magical... you would have 2 legs for walking and 6 for holding stuff! Also they would spit webs.
    Tall guys, the longest people there is...
    Goat men, who have horns and hooves (increased kicking damage, +3 melee damage).
    Also cat men, grudgy dwarves, happy dwarves (like in Snowhite), brown elves, different half-elves mixed with all the races so far,.... List goes on...

And batmen, that's pretty much it... Or wait, doppelgangers also.

please tell me that was a joke Ars.

...catmen = thunder cats?

and we need biker mice from mars as a ratling subrace.

masters of the universe.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

haha, youthful genetically modified pirate terrapins, heroes in a half shell, terrapin power.

and a teletubbie race, thats a must have race right there...

/thundercats, Ho!

nathrakh Guest

I'd wish for Barsoomian race. That's monkey race with 4 arms and 2 legs. Go figure what it means.. :-)

Maybe an option to do advanced race/class selection. So, you could go basic and choose an elf, or go advanced and choose a specific breed of elf. Advanced could also include some races that would make the gameplay significantly different, like a giant class for players who are lame and just don't want to have to work to beat the game, and some more difficult classes to sort of make some built-in challenge games...

In addition to the original ADOM races ,I would love to see ratlings for sure! You could add half breeds. Also other NPC races like pixie, ogre, should be available.

The guy above me has a point. There should be black hurthlings, hill orcs.

There should also be a race that has affinity for water (sea elf or merfolk?)

Also, how about treants/ents? (the great ball of fire hits you, you are burning!...)