Thread: No

Default No

Uh... I mean, YES!
    I'd love to let a group of my less ASCII-proficient friends explore the Drakalor chain! And struggle to impersonate those weird accents all the village folk have, and watch them mutate and piss off the Cat Lord and so many other things...
    Last edited by LSTAR; 03-07-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Don't forget the randomness of ADOI!
    GM: You are suddenly hit by a stream of water *rolls dice* Your plastic spork rusts.
    Player: Son of a-

<_<
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

I really hope the pen and paper version of adom is made! but that would be after Jade of course.

"I try to chop down the tree so i can make a bridge for the village."
    *rolls 1*
    "You cut off your head and by accident eradicates the whole village because you fell on your wand of destruction."
    What a deliciously boring signature.

I don't see the point, really. Why not just adapt whatever version of D&D you have available to use ADOM rules (which I presume a lot of ADOM concepts are based on anyway)? Or create an Drakalor Chain D&D module?

I mean, it would be fun to create. Who here hasn't spent some time creating a game of some type? But I don't see such a thing coming near to the success of the computer games. Wasn't there a Diablo II RPG released once? If I'm remembering right it would come off like that.

But I don't see such a thing coming near to the success of the computer games.
    I don't think it's really about the mainstream success this time, WPe. Personally, I wouldn't play it, but I'd love to see it completed.

yeah, I too think that its goal is not a huge success.. more like an fun side project. Personally Im not a big friend of D&D systems and Ive been avoiding them for years now.. but then again they are easy for the players and I have had to use them even I dont like them. After all its all about the story and how to make your players have fun.

I kind of like systems that are not that streamlined like D&D is, and I find if fun to plan things to take those systems to extremes.. altho rarely I get to use any of the plans.. its still fun to do. I kind of see ADOM pnp to be something that might be good for this kind of stuff, if its a "weird" in a good way. But then again, I might be completelly wrong

And yeah I too think that the D2 rpg was released as D&D module.

I hafta agree, it would work as a d20 module, perhaps in the form of a long campaign: emulating ADOM backstory, with special rules fo corruption, different magic system, and a few rule alterations. But as a system of its own it won't make do.
    Last edited by spectre; 03-11-2008 at 01:13 PM.

I'd play it, but I can see the people who have never played ADoM getting annoyed with some of the peculiarities...

Friend 1: "What the f*** d'you mean you knew I was only blind coz I had mud on my face? Why didn't you tell me?!!!! No it's not f***in' funny you c***!"

Friend 2: "You told me to kill all those cats!" Nuff said...

Player: Why do you keep saying "*THUMB*"?
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

DM: The greater moloch crushes the altar! You hear a malicious chuckle
    and a distant wail of anger...

*rolls D20*

DM: A bolt of True Matter strikes Bob the Warrior! You hear a distant "Sorry."

Bob: The hell?!

DM: Sorry, you were doomed.
    Last edited by Sadface; 07-15-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer