Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: ADOM tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    why to go to VD1 [and risk wilderness encounter] while you can farm in Terinyo?
    Well, in reality, if you want to plant 4 seeds to get an r-pent going, you need to be around level 5 to have enough gardening skill, so you need to kill something anyway. You will need many, many rerolls to get even 3 bushes planted at level 1. VD1 is safe enough for a true berserking farmer, even having used herbs yet.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

PC1 is safer, as long as there are no ants or bees there, since you can't get ambushed on the way there.

No more Zippy updates. While I had been on vacation, I forgot all about that I was doing a Let's Play with that character. Did Water Temple and was on third level of Fire Temple when I remembered. Suicided on a fire giant king in frustration.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

these letsplays are really fun to look at. i might make one sometime. though it'll probably be called "Dying with Pthalo, the $random_class $random_race"

gut, I tried the wizard thing and it's easy enough to get to level 14 or so, and then i go to the pyramid and get my ass handed to em. either the traps takes me down to 0 hp, or on the very unlikely chance that i make it up the stairs i get killed by dwarven chaos knights and Rehetep and whatnots. and yes i do w5 until i'm all healed up before going up top though i don't do it after each trap i hit.

i almost never have any problem with the pyramid when i'm doing it in a normal way (DD -> CoC to kelly, a fwe more dwarf quests and by then i'm ready). what am i doing wrong?

did my wiz guy do pyramid right after bugwil?
    if so, that was the exception to the rule, not the rule.
    one needs at least tp control before doing pyramid, but a few dozen
    points of DV/PV wouldn't hurt either. these days I am doing bugwil,
    df (for tp control/armor/weapon), kill guth, df again (SoRS), water
    orb, then pyramid. One could easily substitute the infinite dungeon
    for tp control source if they don't mind trading turns for a better
    survival rate.

Pyramid is so much easier if one tp's into rehetep's face and uses
    offensive alchemy twice. that has never failed me. one just needs
    some -fire and some herbs/potions.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

oh, *looks again* maybe it didn't (looks like it did ID for tp control). I recently watched your ttyrec for your ultrasuperfastspeed run, and that character, of course, started out with tp. thanks for the tips.