Thread: What's the deal with crowning gifts?

Default What's the deal with crowning gifts?

Just curious as to how the crowning gift is chosen.

I always thought it was random, with a couple of small exceptions, but I decided to test it.

I just got a Drake Monk to lvl 11, and got him to absolutely close on a neutral alter in the PC. I then created a duplicate save.

I've prayed about 10 times now, and although the immunity changes, every time I get Havlor's Crown as the artifact gift. Is this just the RNG, or are there factors involved that are forcing it to make this choice? If there are other factors involved, is there anything that can be done about them?

Thanks

PMJ

Crowning gifts are decided at creation. As are a few other things like the level Dwarftown is located on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidrick View Post
    Crowning gifts are decided at character creation. As are a few other things like the level Dwarftown is located on.
    Fixed.
    10chars
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Fixed.
    10chars
    I guess you're not a fatalist