Thread: gremlins...

Default gremlins...

now I heard several things about how great gremlin bombs work I tried to set one up by loading an old and forgotten (but surprinsingly amazing before i crippled him now) dark elven beast fighter l19.

i first tried to walk into the water of mama water dragon and bring some fluff balls: results in millions of drowning gremlins that do not drop stuff and if they would you were not allowed to pick it up, but since you do not see it since respawning gremlins make the whole level unwalkable anyway...

then i thought about setting something up like this: build a water trap and a light trap into a room and lock it. I tried it in the ogre cave, but i could only make the water trap, since my wand of trap creation was out of charges before i found the postion of the light trap. Searching for booze resulted in clearing two mixed vaults, traversing DH finding kelly and a ring of djinni summoning and another wand of trap detection, which just in the moment i want to pick it up gets emptied by my new mana battery corruption... grml, this is annoying, so i just ask here to know the answer (i should sleep to wake up tomorrow to work and not get real life problems, instead of scumming for booze (should tell my superiors that I overslept due to scumming for booze the whole night)) or better said some means of corruption removel, which i cannot find (maybe stashed something somewhere, but i don#t really recall the chars circumstances)

anyway: is this the right way to set up a gremlin bomb or how is it meant to be done to be effecitve?

1) Pickpocket! Seriously, picking the pockets of a few hundreds Gremlins in the WDC is flat-out ridiculous - and you can train shields from the event as well. I only tried a Gremlin Bomb once (with a character that didn't need the help, but just to try it out) and it was such a big payoff for little risk that I'll probably never do it again because it's simply just too good.

By the time I stopped, I had procured 4 PoGA, tons of water, an AoLS, Soaker, 3 Daggers of Death, 4 PoCC, Grandmastery in Shields, and tons more all with minimal effort.

2) Er... searching for booze? Pay 40gp to a beggar. Lure them out of town, kill the outlaws/etc. to respawn, pay 40gp to the next beggar.

Don't have experience of light traps, but certainly efficient ways of killing the buggers include
    - alarm traps (let them kill each other)
    - pets (something strong enough, like a greater claw bug)

Something I noticed while gremlin bombing myself recently: if the level already contains too many monsters, the gremlins will always avoid water traps (I tried to set up a bomb on a level with a tension room; didn't work until I cleared the room).

I always tend to have major crash problems when gremlin bombing. Might be ingot-related, I guess. Or just the huge amount of junk lying around in general.

the huge amount of junk lying around in general.
    There is your answer. If you have some bolt spells, just slag the items on the ground.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ