Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating speed

Default Eating speed

I know that a some foods are quicker to eat than some others. Which kind of food is the quickest ?

This has some importance for me because I regularly become starved during fight. In most fight I eat whatever is heaviest, sometimes I don't even bother going coward.
    But in difficult fight, even in coward, it is dangerous to eat for more time that necessary.
    I know I could pray to be satiated but if I'm low enough in HP, I'll be healed. Also, I could be in bad standing with my god.

Does satiation time increase with nutrition gained ?

Not sure, but I think cooked lizards are fairly fast. I usually just use scrolls of satiation or berzio/toughness type potions when fighting.

Bones are the fastest

Scrolls of satiation, praying or blessed stomafillia are all very fast.

Other than that, cooked lizards are kinda fast too.

EDIT: QuickDraw, *one* bone is fast, but it wont get you far... Means, it's satiation:time ratio is pretty bad.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

no love for cookies?

blessed stoma is not fast in terms of avoiding starvation. Normally i say potions or lizards, but i do recall fortune cookies being option too.

Cookies are fast ?
    Do they offer much satiation ?

My succesfull char are generally not literate until dwarftown, wonder why
    So, scrolls of satiation, potion of toughness or berzio potions are not an early game option.
    I could use carrot juice but I think it doesn't offer much satiation. I gain only a few turn of battle before getting back to starved, IIRC.

Potions and prayers are probably the best ways...

Really though, the better thing to do is avoid getting hungry during fights at all. I usually try to keep my character at Satiated or just below that at all times. It may be unavoidable in the early game when food is a bit scarce, or if you're trying to clear a vault while wearing an invisibility cloak or something, but having to eat regularly during combat is a bad habit to get in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    QuickDraw, *one* bone is fast, but it wont get you far... Means, it's satiation:time ratio is pretty bad.
    I know, I was joking. One bone might be enough to get out of starvation and run away from the threat though.

I've recently found Gnomish Candy to be fast and satiating.

... and toughness abusing.