Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: food fight

Hehe, awful way to die

Couldn't you just eat it?

We really need a "wield your starting food item for the entire game" challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ragface View Post
    Hehe, awful way to die

Couldn't you just eat it?
    While that would stand to reason, the 'e'at command lists items from the stuff list only; i'm not aware of a method of switching to the equipment page. Trying to 'U'se a wielded food item produces the less-than-helpful 'just eat it' suggestion without doing anything.

Clearly the ADoM DevTeam didn't think of everything, despite putting in a credible effort.

Default Edible equipment

Eating your equipment would even be somewhat sensible - if you were starving you might be inclined to eat your shoes or belt (assuming they were not metal, of course).

And since bones are edible, shouldn't you be able to eat bone helmets and bone weapons?

And on a more serious note, does food you are wielding as a weapon (or missile, or whatever) rot? If not, that means you can use/exploit that property to transport chaos creature corpses back to the druid without them rotting first.

Wonderful idea, and the answer is yes.
    Note however that food doesnt seem to rot fast in the wilderness.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Platypus View Post
    We really need a "wield your starting food item for the entire game" challenge.
    Traditionally, such challenges use the cute dog corpse, since it is indestructible. I don't know if it has ever been completed (I doubt it).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I've had the problem of getting unwieldy things cursed into my hand before. Generally, I just find an acid trap, and Ctrl-T under it with nothing in my inventory but the thing I want destroyed.

Also, whenever I want to aggravate a blink dog that is indifferent, I always put such an unwieldy thing (eg. a loaf of bread) into my missle slot, and target a space behind my actual target, making sure the path goes through that actual target, and fire. To my knowledge, you won't get the alignment drop for attacking indifferent monsters if you do this as well.

Well, leather boots would have such a lack of nutrition it would be useless to eat it... Perhaps provide 1 point of satiation?
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

I normally just 'k'ick dogs unless playing a monk. Not only does it rarely kill them, it is very suitable in an RP sense.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ