Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM Videos

I love how you roleplay him.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

A bit hard to see under the crust of dried rat blood and I understand that with drakelings even being naked does not exactly help matters, but Hocus Pocus is a she. (I might have used "him" though. Looks like the kind of mistake I'd make.)

My original plan was to do an UD run, for which I usually take the time to get chaotic Healing since that can be done with getting few levels. After I had to kill that tension room full of rats my plans changed. I'm not going to do the UD at all I think. I hope to get Healing installed, then obtain Literacy. We'll see how it goes. After all, I might simply die.

No time to do another video today. Maybe on a lazy sunday afternoon?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

how come you only play ≈10 mins?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Silfir, how did you make your important messages appear in green/blue? also... where did you edit your game so that "uncursed" is replaced by "regular"?
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

"Wait. I'm not chaotic!" - damn, I laughed so hard =) Awesome work, Silfir!

>I think maybe Americans have a preconcived
    >notion about the German accent sounding scientific/professor-ish.
    >It's like getting an ADOM lecture from Einstein! I love it, and
    >now am completely motivated to produce one of these myself.

I believe it's not only Americans, gut =) And somehow I got a feeling that I too want to make such a video...

Questions!

how come you only play ≈10 mins?
    10 minutes is the youtube limit for length, as far as I'm aware (and it tells me). Though I haven't actually tried to upload longer videos. Maybe it does work? In that case I could easily get longer videos done. I've seen videos on youtube that were longer, but they are very rare so I suspect these are some sort of freaky exceptions.

Silfir, how did you make your important messages appear in green/blue? also... where did you edit your game so that "uncursed" is replaced by "regular"?
    I'm playing with ADOM Sage, which adds several features, including the coloring of certain messages. Other things, however, can be set with the regular ADOM configuration file, like the "UncursedString" variable. I edited mine to say "regular". It's a good idea to reread the manual every once in a while. You'll be surprised at the things you missed.
    Last edited by Silfir; 11-21-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I'm playing with ADOM Sage, which adds several features, including the coloring of certain messages. Other things, however, can be set with the regular ADOM configuration file, like the "UncursedString" variable. I edited mine to say "regular". It's a good idea to reread the manual every once in a while. You'll be surprised at the things you missed.
    I just went right through the technical stuff in the manual, that's why i don't already know this =P

And SAGE...yeah... i don't really like it. But this is indeed a very nice feature... i'm used to constantly visiting my status screens to see if anything has changed and my perception is twisted enough that i know that i got a weapon skill increase just because of the general spamming structure changing in the corner of my eye, but it would be very nice to have it in color.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

ADOM Sage is okay. I more or less installed it because I thought the xp thing was a Sage feature, only to find that it was in the manual all along. The most ADOM time was spent simply playing the DOS version on XP in fullscreen. To me that's still the perfect method. Sadly, I can't get that to work on Vista, so I just play in a huge Sage window. It's close enough.

personally I am a big fan of these videos, and think they will aid anyone who is extremely new to ADOM very well. the sheer vastness of the game is very overwhelming at first, I can remember almost putting it down because it so was so complicated. However, if I watched a vid like this it'd definitely take the edge off. GJ overall Silfir

> I can't get that to work on Vista

Didn't I do an article about that?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."