Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM Videos

Getting some shit done

Kind of wondering what to do once the quests are over and done with. TotHK and Darkforge still remain. Won't be scumming for Khelly's amulet, so next (after episode 17, which I'll upload later) would be water temple and even Tower! Wonder at which point I finally screw up and die.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

This is NOT a place for children. What was the elder thinking, opening that passage?
    There isn't even a sign there!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Dammit! I overwrote a part by accident!

I lost Khelavaster's monologue (which sucks), but thankfully - oh so thankfully - not a lot else. (D:17, basically; I wasn't far into the CoC graveyard.) Losing Khelavaster's monologue still sucks, but I have a backup save from right before talking to him, so I could upload it separately for the sake of completion. It's rather a blow to my goal of having an entire playthrough uploaded from start to finish, but I don't think missing out on D:17 is going to hurt as much as, say, losing the water temple would.

DAMN I'm stupid. And I really got into the recording too. Oh well, got a bunch of episodes done and will upload them over the course of the next week. Definitely been playing too long.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I think you deserved to lose that nice hatchet of penetration for having the ankh unequipped in the backpack.

If that's the worst example of idiocy I'm going to pull off, I shall be very, very happy. 'Sides, got a phase dagger now.

I didn't even realize it, but Episode 18 has almost feature film length. It has finally finished uploading.

Also, apparently I can "monetize" my videos now. What kind of advertising money are they expecting to rake in? I'd probably make like a quarter or something. That's not worth the postage for Thomas' written permission I'd need. (Also ads are annoying.)

What kind of advertising money are they expecting to rake in?
    Well maybe S&M/gardening equipment manufactures might be willing to associate with your hatchet of penetration. Then there is the dancing-on-ice (what is that crap called, icecapade or something???) companies with their christmas shows looking to sponsor your Ogre Mage dancing in the TotHK, etc etc etc.

I'm going to be an ass and nitpick as usual. Some things I'd have done differently..
    - drink the 3 potions of toughness asap
    - unequip the AMW before selling all that stuff
    - drop the unholy water before reading the blessed scroll of uncursing (well ok, I would have forgotten that too)

Personally I also always pick up all the weapons in DF and waste a scroll of ID on them, in hopes of getting a good affix.

Anyway, sorry for the nitpicking, keep the videos and the awesome speeches coming. Cool action retrieving the corpse of the arena champion, too. I think it actually increased mana by 2, didn't know that that is even possible.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 10-28-2011 at 08:18 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

All completely valid criticisms. To which there can only be one reaction: You're a meanie meaniepants doo doo head and where's YOUR wildly popular online video series?!

Incidentally, episode 19 is up and episode 20 is currently uploading, shouldn't take more than two hours for it to appear. I bagged my first elemental temple!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I didn't even realize it, but Episode 18 has almost feature film length. It has finally finished uploading.
    YES. Yes. This is what we need. A live action ADoM cosplay feature length extravaganza.