Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM Videos

Default ADOM Videos

So I made a video and it might be interesting

Watch it in sufficient quality! (Not sure how I can link to the high quality version properly, so just select high quality on youtube)

(And for those who feel conscious about their voices, you can't be this bad. Post some already.)

Watch the second video here:

And this is a link to my channel (The Earl of Jones demands you bookmark it) Just check the channel for whatever videos there are.
    Last edited by Silfir; 04-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Silfir, your voice is awesome. I'm working on the tech setup to make one of these, but I cannot measure up to the incredible precedent your accent has set.

I'm using CamStudio 2.5 right now and use ADOM Sage. CamStudio is configured to use 60 Quality, set Key Frames every 30 frames, Capture Frames every 50 ms and playback at 20 frames per second. I'm also using the ffdshow video codec, but I think you can use others as long as it isn't Microsoft Video 1 (that one barely compresses anything). My incredible voice is recorded in 16-Bit mono, 22 kHz in PCM format.

I actually am not sure which is the most effective method, but this video is sized 38 MB so it's fine. Might up the quality in later videos even.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

This is awesome I am very entertained by your stuff Also, your voice sounds like all those fantasy film narrators.

Where's the hidden text in your post Plat?! I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I only had time to watch/listen to the first 1 minute,
    but I would have had to stop anyway, else my ribs would
    have busted! I think maybe Americans have a preconcived
    notion about the German accent sounding scientific/professor-ish.
    It's like getting an ADOM lecture from Einstein! I love it, and
    now am completely motivated to produce one of these myself.

You ever heard Jethro from the 'Beverly Hillbillies' : D
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I'm using CamStudio 2.5 right now and use ADOM Sage. CamStudio is configured to use 60 Quality, set Key Frames every 30 frames, Capture Frames every 50 ms and playback at 20 frames per second. I'm also using the ffdshow video codec, but I think you can use others as long as it isn't Microsoft Video 1 (that one barely compresses anything). My incredible voice is recorded in 16-Bit mono, 22 kHz in PCM format.

I actually am not sure which is the most effective method, but this video is sized 38 MB so it's fine. Might up the quality in later videos even.
    I'm just using recordmydesktop (under Linux, we don't need your fancy 3rd-party programs!) right now; unfortunately, on max video and audio quality I get sporadic audio skipping that makes my voice hard to understand. Gonna play with settings a bit and see what it takes to fix it. Might have to actually disable some of the CPU-intensive tasks I have going in the background, but that is the way of heretics!

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Where's the hidden text in your post Plat?! I couldn't find it.
    There wasn't any. Short of getting James Earl Jones or David Attenborough on the job, I cannot conceive of a better voice to narrate ADOM! ...though it was a little hard to understand at times
    Last edited by Captain Platypus; 11-20-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Platypus
    ... (under Linux, we don't need your fancy 3rd-party programs!)
    ... I get sporadic audio skipping ...
    So, go Linux! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Platypus
    Short of getting James Earl Jones or David Attenborough on the job
    (What does it say about my geek cred that I had to research who that Earl of Jones is?)

Dude, at this rate I'm going to be too flattered and nervous to do the next video.

That, or voice the first steel golem I meet like Darth Vader. They don't usually have voices, but if they had I imagine them sounding like that. Okay, I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    That, or voice the first steel golem I meet like Darth Vader.
    DO IT.

Also, the audio skipping is (apparently, after a bit of research online) what I get for buying a $400 Dell laptop, not the fault of the operating system.

Very nicely done.

Eagerly awaiting next one.

I just watched the whole thing, and did nearly
    burst. My favorite part was the point where it
    donned upon you that you were a barbarian.

"Tribe? You traveled to other tribes?... Tribe?...
    Oh no! I'm a barbarian, aren't I?!" "I'm not even
    literate! I can't even read!" "I was supposed to be
    magician. Damn!"

I love the scary/sinister voice you adopt when
    reading Hotz's dialog. "~I do ye a favor if ye
    succeed~" Followed by the inquisitive "What kind
    of favor do I get from a pink crime lord?"

Then the summation of the barbarian playstyle in
    general "Actually a pretty fun life right now.
    Killing people, and eating them afterward."

One thing I noticed is the fact it took ~10 minutes
    to get to VD:3. At ~1 MB per minute (~60MB/h), it
    will take well over half a GB to cover a whole game
    at the current rate. I would hate to have to get
    broadband for this, but I will if I have to : )

> though it was a little hard to understand at times

I had absolutely no trouble understanding a single word,
    which is odd, considering I seldom properly understand
    every word in the sentences spoken to me from the
    people living in my area.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."