Thread: shop economics

Default shop economics

People have already posted about shops running out of money in the past. Here's my latest experience.

I get my current character to Leggot's for the first time. With a huge pile of equipment from two UD vaults (gnolls and then orcs) plus a ton of sis, I'm ready to cash in my stuff in a big way. I've just started to sell things when Leggot tells me he's out of money, much sooner than any shopkeeper in any previous game. So I buy a few of his minor items for a total of 371 gold pieces. No extra walking around the shop, so it couldn't have taken more than a few minutes in game time. He doesn't ring the cash box bell or give any other messages. And then I try selling more of my stuff. And he buys it... and buys more... and more! The guy ends up paying me a total of 20621 gold after he said he was broke. That's a funny way of doing business.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

"Oh I guess he is actually going to buy stuff from me now I can get the BIG wallet"
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Not certain, but it's possible the message indicating he's got more cash either doesn't show when you can see him, or is based on a listening/perception check that you failed.

lol @ Silfir. preciseeely.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinge View Post
    Not certain, but it's possible the message indicating he's got more cash either doesn't show when you can see him, or is based on a listening/perception check that you failed.
    It would be strange if it was from a failed listening check, since I can hear him cursing shoplifters when I'm standing all the way on the other side of the town.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    It would be strange if it was from a failed listening check, since I can hear him cursing shoplifters when I'm standing all the way on the other side of the town.
    He curses LOUD 'cause he's angry!