Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another random monster quest help thread (YARMQHT)

Default Yet another random monster quest help thread (YARMQHT)

I do not remember ever coming across a "spectre". Where is the most likely place to find one? From the GB's description (Tywat Pare colored G), I'd have a better chance of coming across a greater moloch by wishing for them, and getting literacy via a corpse. Unfortunately, I'd kinda like to get tactics as well.

Ask the dwarf leader about a portal, and he'll send you on a quest to a graveyard to show your determination. Once you get to the graveyard, which is in wilderness, you will have a plenty of chances to slay all sorts of undeads, including this type. If you find none, dig graves too. A random undead guardian will come out and confront you, hopefully a spectre.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Spectres show up all the time in the CoC graveyard. If you're willing to give up the wand of fireballs, it's a perfectly fine place to look in.

I think Spectres have a very decent chance of showing up in the pyramid though, and possibly the bottom level of the Griffyard (the top level has wights and wraiths, but as far as I remember no spectres).

I'd bet my money on the pyramid. Take care to kill jackalweres quickly though. They mess up non-jackal monster generation quite furiously.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

If you piss off a neutral god, you can get a lot of spectres. Or you could dig a treasure grave in the griffyard while invis and wait for a master lich to summon some (warning: can be scary).

I'm pretty sure I just slayed acouple down in DH2 or around there.. Or it could've been in the dungeon in the mountains where you kill that guy in the red lake..

> I do not remember ever coming across a "spectre".

You have, you just don't recall them. They plague the
    griffyard underground level.

> better chance of coming across a greater moloch by
    > wishing for them, and getting literacy via a corpse

You plan to get literacy from a GM corpse? Dark sage
    corpses give literacy.

> I'd kinda like to get tactics as well.

Well, why couldn't you get 'tactics' if you told Thrundarr
    to forget about specters? Bart has no alliance with Thrundarr.
    Specters are common enough though, so no biggie.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Can you skip dwarven quests?

None of the dwarven quests are required (although doing at least the griffyard is very desirable and there's no really good reason not to do it). If you complete one of the other tasks before Thundarr assigns it to you, then instead of giving that quest, he will give another random monster quest, which is a bit of a nuisance. The guidebook also claims that he doesn't give a reward for this, but my recollection is that he still does.

Is there any way to skip the first random monster quest?

Nope. You can do some things to get more
    common quest monsters though.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."