Thread: Funny food messages

Hybrid View

Default Funny food messages

I guess we all know the "no self-respecting dwarf would do that!" when you try to eat any orc corpse with a non-starving dwarf. It's quite fun, but I mean messages like when you eat cursed hurthling cake with trolls; usually it says "Yikes! Real hurthling!" when you eat cursed hurthling cakes, but with troll it's something like "Yum! Meaty and greasy!"

Fortune cookie messages are nice as well, when you haven't got the proper learning or literacy: Usually I get "Crunchy on the outside, but sort of tough within", when I'm troll. I think I got some other messages as well, but can't remember them. Just now I received one I didn't know yet: "Mmmh. Decent snack. You eat the cookie. You spit it out. It tastes like ink!". That was with a barbarian with 100 literacy but 1 learning - strangely, perception was just 22 so that doesn't seem to take a role.

Anyone else knows some funny food messages?

I also got, with the same barbarian, the message "Raaah! Raw and bloody meat! GRRRRRREAT!" - I thought only trolls received that one. Maybe it also helps to be nearly ape - grey elf ape, that is :P

trolls, orcs, barbarians, beestfighters get that one.
    Can someone test it with a drakeling? GUidebook says there's yet anote message for those, with raw meat.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

"You enjoy the taste of fine meat" or something like that is the message for drakelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    I guess we all know the "no self-respecting dwarf would do that!" when you try to eat any orc corpse with a non-starving dwarf.
    At times like that, I want to tell the game that I'm not a self-respecting dwarf. I'm a dwarf with very low self-esteem, and so I don't mind polluting my body with the flesh of a filthy orc.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    At times like that, I want to tell the game that I'm not a self-respecting dwarf. I'm a dwarf with very low self-esteem, and so I don't mind polluting my body with the flesh of a filthy orc.
    With this Friday 13 necromancer, I developed the habit of carrying dead orcs around and not eat until I am starving to profit of the food. Bad was when I depended on that heap of corpses in the big graveyard and it just rot away when I hit starving - I had to pray to live and I had to turn back to the arena.

Chat bout orcs to thrundarr....
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Chat bout orcs to thrundarr....
    For a funny variation, try it when playing as an orc.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

I like eating giants and getting "glibbery" messages. Though I don't know quite what the word means. Maybe a combination of rubbery and slippery.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!