Thread: I'm really in trouble this time

Default I'm really in trouble this time

Started up a GE Elementalist. There's an Amulet of Life Saving in the Black Market. So I leave it there where it will be safe and go to the SMC. In the same room as the stairs, there's a Poisonous Adamantium Halberd and a Cloak of Invisibilty.

Now I'm scared.

Reminds me of that gnomish monk who found a wicked eternium halberd of devastation on the spot adjacent to stairs.
    UD : 1 : mixed vault... Guess what...
    The ankheg breathes acid at you! You die!
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Started up a GE Elementalist. There's an Amulet of Life Saving in the Black Market. So I leave it there where it will be safe and go to the SMC. In the same room as the stairs, there's a Poisonous Adamantium Halberd and a Cloak of Invisibilty.

Now I'm scared.
    As well you should be. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post

Now I'm scared.
    I've always thought the saying "the RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away" a little funny. As if flipping seven heads in a row will make the probability of the next toss being tails greater than 50%.

But of course, I don't know just how random suitably seeded (timestamp, for instance) pseudorandom numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by da1edwin View Post
    I've always thought the saying "the RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away" a little funny. As if flipping seven heads in a row will make the probability of the next toss being tails greater than 50%.

But of course, I don't know just how random suitably seeded (timestamp, for instance) pseudorandom numbers are.
    It's total superstition on our part, but the next time you pick up a waterproof blanket and step on a fireball trap that destroys it on the very next square, that's the RNG saying "I told you so" for me.

Or just hating you as much as it hates me. That character died two levels later to a quickling lord. In the unremarkable dungeon. What the hell.