Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: global warming is a hoax

Quote Originally Posted by Elliprof2 View Post
    I am hoping that the title of this thread is a joke.
    Yes, I meant it as a joke. Pretty sick - sorry.

And I agree with you, totally. Although at this moment, I am worried about peak oil even more than about climate change. Climate change means that in some twohundred years, we will probably see some sea level rise of several meters. Peak oil means that we will be in deep shit within the next five to ten years. One of these days we will discover that the big fields are getting dried up and the shit will hit the fan. Our modern society is completely dependent on the cheap energy and plastics from oil. Once the price shoots into the hundreds a barrel, things will get pretty interesting. I feel like one of those guys playing the violin on the titanic.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

And to imagine that a century ago, hydrocarbons were considered a waste product.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

> I am worried about peak oil even more than

It's good that you are worried, it means that propaganda still works.

> Peak oil means that we will be in deep shit within the next five to ten years.

Yes, the same as it meant in 1970's when the first push for 'peak oil' propaganda
    was originally made. I think they called it 'hubbert's curve' (or something like
    that anyway). Distant memories, but the same old line in any event. Sure, they
    can say 'it's different this time!', but remember, they have said the same thing
    at least once per decade since 70.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Oil is a renewable ressource. On a scale of millions of years
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

nathrakh Guest

Global warming may be true but imo it's not because of men's actions. Isn't it proven that there has been warm periods in the past too, it's logical.

But we _are_ still in a 'deep shit' soon. With our current rate of consume and waste of energy, resources, food etc., the earth is simply overpopulated to withstand such, may I say rape.

As to how to fix things.. it's much harder, obviously great measures should be taken together with all the countries. Making new set of rules on how to control the evergrowing increase of consumption. Obviously this hasn't quite worked.

or we could use some stem cell and genetic technology to produce
    hybrid mutant humans who eat pollution and pee electricity
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    or we could use some stem cell and genetic technology to produce
    hybrid mutant humans who eat pollution and pee electricity
    Good idea there but unfortunately majority of people has something called moral. Too bad.

Majority? At least you still have faith in humanity
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    Global warming may be true but imo it's not because of men's actions. Isn't it proven that there has been warm periods in the past too, it's logical.
    I love how "it's logical" so easily overcomes "backed by all the expert scientists in the world".
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I love how "it's logical" so easily overcomes "backed by all the expert scientists in the world".
    Well I don't have any links to point to and can't be arsed to find one. I've just seen that information in many documentaries and read it from some scientific texts.