Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: global warming is a hoax

Default global warming is a hoax

Just let me tell you that this so-called global warming is a massive lie from a conspiracy of evil scientists who are out to destroy our civilization by letting you and me pay more taxes. Global warming doesn't exist. This is obvious, because clearly our globe has actually been cooling since july this year, and everyone knows that Greenland used to be green in the stone age. So it isn't even warming, and besides, that warming is caused by the sun and we can't do anything about it. We all know there is no evidence for global warming, other than manipulated data and unreliable computer models. Known laws of physics have absolutely nothing to do with it. Who cares about polar bears, anyway?

This is an experiment. I'm curious if this post is going to provoke even a fraction of the flames that result from stating that Treasure Hunter is AWESOME.

I hope I'm not stretching the tolerance limits of the forum too far.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Being from southeastern Kentucky, where a large percentage of
    the populace rely on the coal industry for jobs, I'm quite sympathetic
    to your views : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I have to say that your theory makes a lot more sense than that "Treasure Hunter is somehow not awesome" drivel that's been polluting this forum since forever.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

You know, I have faith in scientific method, and all that. I don't even care too much about whether this whole global warming is "real." What I hate is jumping to conclusions with not enough definite data available.

What I hate even more is when such unfounded conclusions result in making inane agreements for carbon dioxide emission limits with taxpayers having to pay for them in the end.
    Good show so far, let's throw real money at the imaginary problem, with a solution we're not really sure that will improve the situation.

I agree that there is not really a global warming, at least not a significant one through carbon dioxide emissions. But I do care about polar bears and I do think we should take care with nature. That's why they shouldn't have decided so hastily that there was a global warming, whether the politicians tell you to or not.
    Found it quite stupid and funny that they decided that 'earth may not warm up more than 2 degrees' - I wonder what they're gonna do about it when it does happen? And how are they gonna see that it did warm up 2 degrees anyway? It's like deciding that the sun shouldn't shine more than 2 hours tomorrow. And meanwhile whole Europe was early covered with 20 cm snow...
    I think we shouldn't be too hard on politicians and scientist when there indeed is no global warming, only when they knew that there was little basis or when they went really stupidly far with their green propaganda.
    Last edited by Moeba; 12-26-2009 at 08:49 PM.

When you look up how big man-made CO2 emmisions compared to the total, it get even more funny.

>What I hate even more is when such unfounded conclusions result in
    > making inane agreements for carbon dioxide emission limits with
    > taxpayers having to pay for them in the end. Good show so far, let's
    > throw real money at the imaginary problem, with a solution we're not
    > really sure that will improve the situation.

I agree so much with this. I am willing to help pay for something
    I KNOW will work, but some of the ideas that are being forced to
    pay for...

The current one in my home state (where the vast majority of our
    energy is produced from coal), is to bury Co2 emisions. That's
    right, I said bury them. As in: "Lets dig a great big hole in the
    ground, and put all the Co2 in there!" They have already performed
    many tests, and are nearly ready to impliment a full-scale, state
    wide project that will possibly double many of our electric bills. All
    for something we don't even know will work. Blah.

It certainly sounds way stupid, what with all the energy spent on pumping the gas down there. Energy that is generated in one of gut's reprehensible coal power plants.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Coal keeps the lights on : )

I really feel like participating in this discussion. However, I have little to contribute: I do not have a clue, and probably you neither. They write and tell us so much shit. The ICCP (or whatever is the climate task force super squad called) consists of scientists and polititians, the latter ones probably only there to make sure that the former ones will find the truth ...
    But hell, we need to get rid of our extreme need for fossil fuels very very soon.(yeah little off-topic, but not totally).