Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: global warming is a hoax

Hybrid View

Default global warming is a hoax

Just let me tell you that this so-called global warming is a massive lie from a conspiracy of evil scientists who are out to destroy our civilization by letting you and me pay more taxes. Global warming doesn't exist. This is obvious, because clearly our globe has actually been cooling since july this year, and everyone knows that Greenland used to be green in the stone age. So it isn't even warming, and besides, that warming is caused by the sun and we can't do anything about it. We all know there is no evidence for global warming, other than manipulated data and unreliable computer models. Known laws of physics have absolutely nothing to do with it. Who cares about polar bears, anyway?

This is an experiment. I'm curious if this post is going to provoke even a fraction of the flames that result from stating that Treasure Hunter is AWESOME.

I hope I'm not stretching the tolerance limits of the forum too far.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Being from southeastern Kentucky, where a large percentage of
    the populace rely on the coal industry for jobs, I'm quite sympathetic
    to your views : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I have to say that your theory makes a lot more sense than that "Treasure Hunter is somehow not awesome" drivel that's been polluting this forum since forever.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

You know, I have faith in scientific method, and all that. I don't even care too much about whether this whole global warming is "real." What I hate is jumping to conclusions with not enough definite data available.

What I hate even more is when such unfounded conclusions result in making inane agreements for carbon dioxide emission limits with taxpayers having to pay for them in the end.
    Good show so far, let's throw real money at the imaginary problem, with a solution we're not really sure that will improve the situation.

I agree that there is not really a global warming, at least not a significant one through carbon dioxide emissions. But I do care about polar bears and I do think we should take care with nature. That's why they shouldn't have decided so hastily that there was a global warming, whether the politicians tell you to or not.
    Found it quite stupid and funny that they decided that 'earth may not warm up more than 2 degrees' - I wonder what they're gonna do about it when it does happen? And how are they gonna see that it did warm up 2 degrees anyway? It's like deciding that the sun shouldn't shine more than 2 hours tomorrow. And meanwhile whole Europe was early covered with 20 cm snow...
    I think we shouldn't be too hard on politicians and scientist when there indeed is no global warming, only when they knew that there was little basis or when they went really stupidly far with their green propaganda.
    Last edited by Moeba; 12-26-2009 at 08:49 PM.

When you look up how big man-made CO2 emmisions compared to the total, it get even more funny.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Just let me tell you that this so-called global warming is a massive lie from a conspiracy of evil scientists who are out to destroy our civilization by letting you and me pay more taxes. Global warming doesn't exist. This is obvious, because clearly our globe has actually been cooling since july this year, and everyone knows that Greenland used to be green in the stone age. So it isn't even warming, and besides, that warming is caused by the sun and we can't do anything about it. We all know there is no evidence for global warming, other than manipulated data and unreliable computer models. Known laws of physics have absolutely nothing to do with it. Who cares about polar bears, anyway?

This is an experiment. I'm curious if this post is going to provoke even a fraction of the flames that result from stating that Treasure Hunter is AWESOME.

I hope I'm not stretching the tolerance limits of the forum too far.
    haha love it.

but if this were true then independent scientists would not back the concept.

... or oppose it.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

As so very many do.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Default Global Warming does exist

Global Warming DOES exist!

Instead of measuring medium temperature and medium humidity at a certain point over some years you can also watch Nature itself how she reacts on the migrating climate. One of the best examples are the suisse glaciers. These were tourist attractions since over 100 years ago and there are many photos over a large amount of time which show the same glaciers in different length.

But it can also be seen in my home (Germany, palatinate) where the winemakers that were used to the same grape varieties over the decades have to plan carefully now which grape varieties they have to plant at which places for the future. They already have to take into account the climate shift!

But while some germans may find it nice that Germany is getting warmer ("only" some more deaths in July at the nursing homes for the elderly, some more crop losses, ... ) , the situation for other countries is horrible. States like Egypt and Bangla Desh lose a lot of ground (literally) to the sea at their coastline - each year! And for some Island States the narrow-minded reactions of a certain U.S. president in the past felt like a war declaration! But even living in a country like germany that could feel like a "climate change winner" I have to take into account, that there will be soon millions of people migrating from "climate change losers" states to the "climate change winner" states...

It's absolutely clear that nature reacts when You put ALL the carbon based fossil fuels that were taken out of the biological cycle million years ago in a very short time of 200 years back into the nature cycle again.

Some american hoax media will sell You it's about conspiracies and taxes, but no, it's not about that - it's about changing the american way of life - The truth is: You simply cannot afford going on with your american lifestyle anymore. The way this is paid for (whether taxes or whatever) is irrelevant, but the change of lifestyle has to be paid - somehow. And this truth they don't dare to sell you, because of ... well ... Just look f.e. what european, korean, japanese car builders have done the last 20 years to reduce the gasoline consumption of their cars. And then look at what GM has done...

At all Americans here: please stop reading american media only, You have to read media from all over the world to see what is really happening...

Just as an example (there are millions) :

There are 5 big german glaciers
    1. N?rdlicher Schneeferner
    2. S?dlicher Schneeferner
    3. H?llentalferner
    4. Watzmanngletscher
    5. Blaueisgletscher (am Hochkalter)

Their surface area has been reduced from 329 to 98 hectares in the last 150 years, because of a temperature shift of 2 degrees in the alpes. 30 or 40 years from now on there won't be any more german glaciers. Its saddening though it's not that important for germany because we have enough fresh water resources, but there are a lot of countries where the glaciers are important resources of fresh water...