Thread: Stumbled on a new roguelike

Threaded View

Default Stumbled on a new roguelike

And it is surprisingly addictive! Called Lost Labyrinth, not sure if anyone has played it before. Its unique in that you can control a party of up to 4 adventurers. No classes, entirely skill based. The creation system is actually very robust making no 2 characters play the same. you can even choose flaws and minor flaws for extra creation points a la Fallout, such as weak fingers, can never use bows, or feeble, half movement speed. The magic system is pretty unique also and you will never be able to learn every spell in the game on a character unlike adom. it ACTUALLY reminds me of a roguelike version of might and magic, especially the the magic system in place. Here's a link if anyones interested. Its tile based, but the tiles are tasteful and not hard to look at.

and its tons of fun making your own "classes" then saving them as templates. I admit all my classes I made were adom influenced, such as the elementalist, paladin, druid, and barbarian. But they play totally different.

and its extremely unforgiving at times, sometimes worse than adom. Every floor of the dungeon other than floor 1 has a unique room, it can range from something nice like finding some trees that provide you with apples to eat, to a "mixed tension room" (Just calling it that so you know what i mean its actually called a monster trap) cept when you enter this games tension rooms, you get teleported to the middle of the room surrounded by monsters.

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopme...Lost_Labyrinth
    Last edited by Sradac; 09-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.