Thread: First Win Ever

Threaded View

Post First Win Ever

This is my first win ever. So far the only win. It is actually about 2 years old but I have only recently registered. The final session lasted for 15 hours straight.

Drakeling necromancer was chosen for awesome starting skills, acid breath as a fall back and necromancy. The character was named after the demilich in Baldur's Gate 2, Shadows of Amn.

Lets just say say that this is a character that did not shy away from any exploits apart from save scumming. I just wanted to win. Shop restocking, gold doubling, grinding, herbs... You name it, I most likely did it.

The closest run in with death was when my girdle of greed was destroyed in the big room. Thankfully I did not freak out and in the 1 move I had, cast Strength of Atlas.

I used Rune Covered Trident for most of the game, including D50. TotRR and related stuff was done after the gate was closed. Greater vaults (undead and something else) were likewise done after gate was closed. I forgot where I got most of the random artifacts.

I had planned on farming quickling tree for speed but permanent invisibility made it too much of a hassle. Notably, The quicklings did not attack me first so my 3 royal quickling liches would strike back. 1 of them stepped on a fireball trap and was promptly butchered by the other 2. Though I played lawful for most of the game, creating aforementioned liches cost me my L+ alignment so I decided to butcher Terinyo instead and get crowned the champion of chaos. The other 2 of my liches were caught in ice balls in Terinyo and I had to put them down as well.

Notable stuff I did not do: bug temple, library and trinity hunting

Copy-paste from .flg to follow... If somebody knows of an easy way fix that annoying white space, I'd be grateful. It is copied direct from Gedit, which highlighted lots of white space during copying.
    Last edited by zup; 08-07-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: asking advice