Thread: 2nd Victory: Drakish Mindcrafter

Threaded View

Talking 2nd Victory: Drakish Mindcrafter

Screwing around with JADE made me want to try ADOM again, since my first victory (Gnomish Assassin) used a little save-scumming. I lost a good many Mindcrafters before I got one through without being scummy, but the class was awesome at higher levels.

Chain-gunning a tension room with Mental Blasts that you aim through its walls by Eyes of the Mind is great fun. Doing it in a greater vault that you haven't exposed the secret doors for is even better.

This one had no luck with shops or vaults but great luck with altars and Wishes. He was Crowned with Lightning and Robes of Resist in the Puppy Cave, then he got two wishes from Wands of Wonder before Khelly (without even recharging the wands) and two rings of Djinni Summoning before the Tower of Eternal Flame!

The Big Room farm retained many more herb bushes than I can usually manage.

An Orc Scorcher threw a Spear of Penetration at him in the wilderness on the way to the Tomb of the High King, then somewhere in the Tomb he found both a Girdle of Giant Strength and Gloves of Strength +4.

He got Find Weakness from a Potion of Education, and by the time he got a loaded Wand of Wishing in the Blue Dragon Caves I didn't even care to use it, though he nearly used it for Scrolls of Chaos Resist because the &%#@ randomizer just would not stop giving him Stiff Muscles, Poison Hands, and Mana Battery in rotation with each other.

His Music was instrumental in saving cats and avoiding the uberJackal effect, and it also made it easy to produce a lot of corpses to munch in the bug temple. A blessed Harp with 100 Music sways Killer Bugs really fast, to my pleasant surprise, and the usual trick of a Wand of Far Slaying bolt that gets trapped in the bug-filled rooms did its work as well.

Hammerhead was a lovely D49 gift in that the normal axes kept breaking stupidly fast.
    Last edited by DreadArchon; 11-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.