Thread: Wish Advice for aspiring ultra

Threaded View

Default Wish Advice for aspiring ultra

My last ultra ended very sadly. I forgot to take my SoCRs with me when I went to the chaos plane and was very shortly turned into a writhing mass of primal chaos. When I first got there, I unloaded my paralyzation, confusion, potions of blindness, PoCCs on a Chaos Brother thinking it was Andor Drakon -.-. Guess I got a little too excited. I had wished for speed, but even with the wish my speed didn't seem that high - something like 170~. After that really disappointing performance, I'm trying my luck with a Drakling Fighter. Character before this died in a Giant Vault which contained BoW and I believe Vanquisher. I starved myself, brought my stats all the way down, then removed my GoGS and Orb of Elemental Fire so that I could get the benefits of the giant corpses. Well, I was carrying enough that my character was crushed by his luggage. Such an annoying way to go.

This character has been extremely lucky and I don't want to spoil that. Although had a pretty scary run-in gravedigging with an emperor lich who summoned molochs and mimic hiveminds. Oh, and a Ki-Rin on level four of the unreal cave system. Found three of them in the time I've been playing. One of them was low leveled and easily facerolled, the other was non-hostile. This one was a beast. Thank god I had eternium quarrels of slaying from that Titan tension room. Still, Somehow or another the game has saw fit to give me two RoDS and two WoWi (one with five charges and another with two). I used a wish for a GoGS and for the skill 'Concentration'. I've been thinking really hard about what my other wishes should be for. I'd like to have more speed, more dexterity, more Mana (so I can resist stat drains), and more Willpower. and get to level 45. How much Ma do you need until there's a 99% chance of dodging stat drain spells? I've already visited the quickling tree. So far I'm thinking the following:

Magical Writing Sets (to make scrolls of protection, defense, charging, and increase melee accuracy. I think I'm fine on SoCRs - about eight left and still haven't done the weird tome. I hear it's rather costly to write them anyway.)

Emperor Moloch. Kill them for EXP, hope one drops a moloch armor. I could probably squeeze out 14 points of Dex if I use sickness with it.

Boots of the Slow Shuffle. Combined with a Moloch Armor, that'll take me down 40 speed.

Spellbooks of Strength of Atlas & Spellbooks of Slow Monster (I'll check the Rift for these before I wish for them. Need some more levels until Climbing hits 100.)

Potions of Exchange. I have unholy water and scrolls of uncursing. I also have some PoEXs stashed at the glade. Hoping with enough of these I can exchange my Wi stat with my Appearance or Charisma stat. After I switch out my shitty Ap or Ch stat and put it in Wi's place, I'll visit the Bug Temple.

Much on some killer bugs while wearing Moloch Armor, BotSS, and /w Slow Monster cast. It'll train my dex up, get my speed up, and rape my Willpower stat. Hopefully, after that, though, I can use some more potions of exchange to switch it out again. Killing the killer claw bugs presents a problem, though. I have, I'd estimate, two castings of acid ball left. I loathe to think what will happen if I descend into the bug temple and it turned out I had only one casting left. Is it possible to melee killer claw bugs? I think I could probably get my DV up to 150-160~ in aggressive. Obviously some attacks are still going to get through though, no matter what your DV might be. I have good archery skills, but I noticed that it seems like you really need some ball spells for the bug temple. Hmm, now that I think about it I think I have a spellbook of Iceball somewhere.

That's only five wishes, though. I want to save a wish for the Chaos plane. I was considering wishing for potions of quickling blood, potions of dexterity, and potions of willpower. Would it be better to just wish for the stat directly? Alternatively, I could wish for Alchemy and hope that the PoGA recipe is something I can make 10+ of. The wizard I had who died on the chaos plane was able to make something like eighteen PoGAs because of two potions shops in the UD, one in the PC, and one in the CoC. Don't remember any potion shops this game, so that might not be so viable this time around.

Here's a my .vlg file. Just ate Keriax's corpse and got cleansed in the unicorn glade. Most of my stuff is stashed at the barbarian's glade. I haven't done Filk yet since I'm not level 45. I've done the BDC, cleared the supergrues on D:47 and killed the Ancient Karmic Wyrm. I haven't done the Water Temple (for some reason did the ToEF first), the Air Temple, or the Mana temple. Maybe those would be enough to put me up from 41 to 45. Named TalentFight because I rolled a fighter until he had three starting talents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character Information

TalentFight St:48 Le:31 Wi:46 Dx:36 To:39 Ch:18 Ap:18 Ma:28
    Pe:26 N-
    DV/PV: 166/53 H: 839(909) P: 403(403) Exp: 42/16480167 M: 139145

Typical DV/PV in "Very Aggressive" is something like 106/72 /w full gear.

Spells

Acid Ball : 29, 59pp (Effectivity: +1)
    Burning Hands : 216, 8pp (Effectivity: +1)
    Disarm Trap : 117, 10pp (Effectivity: +0)
    Frost Bolt : 223, 12pp (Effectivity: +1)
    Knock : 397, 12pp (Effectivity: +0)
    Magic Missile : 363, 8pp (Effectivity: +0)
    Slow Poison : 275, 6pp (Effectivity: +0)
    Summon Monsters: 129, 30pp (Effectivity: +0)
    Teleportation : 352, 21pp (Effectivity: +6)

Skills

Alertness ................100 (superb) [+1d3]
    Archery ..................100 (superb) [+1d3]
    Athletics ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
    Backstabbing .............100 (superb) [+3d4]
    Climbing ................. 90 (great) [+1d5]
    Concentration ............100 (superb) [+1]
    Detect traps ............. 74 (great) [+1d3]
    Dodge ....................100 (superb) [+1d5]
    Find weakness ............100 (superb) [+1d3]
    First aid ................ 80 (great) [+1d5]
    Food preservation ........100 (superb) [+1d5]
    Herbalism ................100 (superb) [+1d5]
    Listening ................100 (superb) [+1d3]
    Literacy .................100 (superb) [+1]
    Music ....................100 (superb) [+1d5]
    Smithing ................. 71 (great) [+3d3]
    Stealth ..................100 (superb) [+1]
    Tactics ..................100 (superb) [+1d3]

Inventory
    Total weight: 1974 stones Carrying capacity: 10275 stones

Head : uncursed eternium cap [+0, +7] [28s]
    Neck : uncursed ankh [3s]
    Body : uncursed adamantium scale mail (-1, -2) [+2, +12] [288s]
    Girdle : -
    Cloak : blessed cloak of defense [+5, +2] [20s]
    Right Hand : blessed brutal orcish spear (+9, 2d8+7) [75s]
    Left Hand : blessed tower crystal shield [+13, +7] [260s]
    Right Ring : -
    Left Ring : -
    Bracers : uncursed bracers of regeneration [+0, +3] [18s]
    Gauntlets : -
    Boots : blessed seven league boots [+1, +2] [30s]
    Missile weapon: uncursed heavy crossbow "The Far Slayer" (+18, +18) [350s]
    Missiles : bundle of 9 uncursed quarrels of demon slaying (+3, 2d6+3)
    Tool : -

*Note, these are my stats without the GoGS, gaunlets of strength (+5), or the RotMC.

Stuff

Total weight: 866 stones Carrying capacity: 10275 stones

Gauntlets ('[')
    uncursed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+3, +4] [15s]
    Girdles ('[')
    blessed girdle of giant strength [+0, +4] {St+12} [30s]
    Tools (']')
    blessed fireproof blanket [10s]
    blessed waterproof blanket [10s]
    uncursed everburning torch [+1, +0] [10s]
    uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} [100s]
    uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth {To+10} [100s]
    Rings ('=')
    blessed ring of the High Kings [+2, +3] [1s]
    blessed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
    Wands ('\')
    blessed wand of paralyzation (0 charges) [3s]
    uncursed wand of paralyzation (0 charges) [3s]
    uncursed wand of paralyzation (0 charges) [3s]
    uncursed wand of webbing (1 charge) [3s]
    Last edited by sytar6; 04-24-2012 at 12:06 PM.