Hey there guys, I'm a new (serious) player to ADOM, and started playing because I know its a great game and got bored with the Nethack world after I recently ascended SLASH'EM three consecutive times. So, I'm used to having every bit of the game detailed and described to me in mathematical detail.

I have a very promising gray elven wizard at the moment, but he had terrible luck with spellbooks and I had to ID stairhop for some time before I dared to enter combat. He also pacified the big room and got enough herbs to be crowned. Unfortunately, this puts him at 67 days in game time and he is desperate for some seven league boots, potions of cure corruption, or a wish (which could get him either).

So I had him start up a gremlin farm (per documented instructions) on the top level of the dwarven graveyard. So far I have pickpocketed and ordered the death (via my companion) of around 200-500 gremlins, and am becoming anxious. I have had around a 1/20 drop rate with pickpocketing and 5/6 of the time its gold! Not a single ring, only one potion, no wands or amulets....

Has this been changed in 1.2.0? If so, how the heck to I salvage the game? I just want to romp around free and careless without worrying about corruption - so I can collect more stuff, lol. Obviously that requires closing the chaos gate, and which I think means I need to be level 50, hence a need for ridiculous amounts of XP and time to earn it...

There are no apparent guaranteed wishes in the game, I dare not farm at danger level 8 in the ID, and really just feel kind of stuck.

How do I get the resources I need? Should I keep trying with gremlins? How many would I need to pickpocket? Or what is a better way to accomplish my goal of victory? I only scum out of necessity, and would much rather prefer to not do so much work, so if there is a better way I am all ears.

Thank you for your time.

-Matt