Thread: Best found ego items [spoily]

Threaded View

Cool Best found ego items [spoily]

As the title goes, this is for bragging and reminiscing about the best (or worst or otherwise most memorable) ego items we have found (as opposed to the ones we can hypothesize about). Here are some of mine:

- poisonous adamantium broadsword of devastation, dropped in the vault in PC6. My duelist went on to die due to player exhaustion (lone master mimic in the water temple).

- murderous quarterstaff of devastation, oh boy. It lasted me for most of the game until it unfortunately broke due to a stone block trap in the mana temple stepped on due to trying to stand in place instead of Listening while confused. Luckily, a quarterstaff of penetration dropped shortly after, so I ended up using that against the big boys in D50 instead. That same character also found:

- clothes of life. Doesn't sound too impressive? "Of life" is awesome, and I was playing a monk, and I like to stay under armor and burden restrictions when I do. I wore these until the end of the game.

- eternium two-handed sword of vampirism. With a chaotic orc paladin. Most entertaining way possible of keeping HP close to total.

I find exceptionally good ego items more exciting than artifacts at this point.
    Last edited by aerol; 03-07-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.