I realized that I never play a chaotic very far into the game. Basically, if I start out neutral, I might go from neutral to chaotic while killing monsters, eating undead or pickpocketing, but once I've got my training from Yergius I usually convert back to neutral and stay there. If I start out lawful I usually stay lawful, just because it's nice to be crowned lawful and to me getting to L+ from chaotic or even neutral seems quite difficult. If I start out chaotic, I convert to neutral in Dwarftown at the latest.

The above is because to me chaotics don't seem to enjoy any significant gameplay benefits, except maybe that it's easy to stay chaotic at least until the later game. So are there any significant benefits you get from being chaotic? I'm talking specifically gameplay ones, not plot ones like "you need to be chaotic to receive this special item you need for an ultra ending". Lawfuls for example get less corruptions as I understand. Neutrals can get 4 scrolls of chaos resistance from the dwarven mystic. Chaotics get more corruption (maybe a benefit if you're comfortable playing like that)... What else?

Do you think chaotics have enough benefits or should there be more? What could they be? Or is it better that some alignment is more a role-player's choice?

One idea I was juggling is that Kherab should actually be hostile towards you if you don't have a high enough standing with a chaotic god or if you're not corrupted enough or something. It doesn't make much sense that a paragon of Order can just go and clear his stash.