...as in angry, not drunk.

Ok, I'll bet you sadists will enjoy this. Before I tell you my story though let me first ask that you please not give me any spoilers here. I have only read the manual and a few Reddit posts so I'm relatively hint free at the moment. I will also try to avoid leaving spoilers for other newbies who might read this but there's one at the bottom so be warned.

I have been playing this "wonderful" game for a few weeks now. I have died countless times for countless reasons. I've been playing mostly human fighters just to keep it simple but I've dabbled a few times with other combos. If you want to know how far I've gotten, well let's say I know VD very well, I can get the healing skill, and usually kill a certain bandit. I know where to buy food and sell junk. I have seen all of the world that I can see without "special gear". My highest level so far was 11 I think. So basically, no where.

So now I'm running my best character ever. For the first time I have a weapon that does more than 1dNothing damage (3d6+6!), I've got rings, amulets, a throwing dagger of slaying, etc. I'm a happy boy! The turning point was stumbling across the easy way to tell if gear is cursed or not. Now I can slog back to an old dungeon, test items for curse and then try them on once they are cleared. I'm sure you see where this is going.

Auto-lock!? Are you kidding me? It said uncursed dammit! That's not fair! It's clothes! I HAVE NO ARMOR! I'm so mad right now I could spit.

If this character dies before I get this stuff off of him I may be angry enough to fly to Germany, find the developer and point my finger at him aggressively. Twice.

[end rant..yes, I feel better now. No, I don't really have a question. I'll figure it out. I hope. Thank you for listening]