Thread: First Ultra attempt with any hope of success, looking for tips

Threaded View

Default First Ultra attempt with any hope of success, looking for tips

Killed a few characters early-game after I decided that I was gonna start killing Beggars first and try for Ultra. First one to live to Dwarftown naturally generated an AoLS!

So with the hard part out of the way, I'm curious what the timeline is like for Ultra seekers. I spent a lot of time in the wilderness at the start to find the moldy dungeon and get the tome of donors, but now I'm thinking that spending so much time in the wilderness for one artifact was not a great trade. I've done Pyramid & Dwarven graveyard and I'm at 36 days.

Do people usually delve deeper into CoC before bothering to finish up Gaab'Bay? I would like to try and find some worn boots before I go farming for a boar skull, and preferably knock out as many of her quests as possible in one trip. What is a "normal" amount of game-days for an Ultra attempt to take?

When can an aspiring Avatar of Balance/Order safely crown N/L? After completing Gaab'Bay's second quest? I've always relied pretty heavily on crowning to determine my approach to ToEF, so I want to get it done as soon as possible.

Also, uhh, slightly unrelated question that arose in the middle of typing this. If I attack residents of Dwarftown, will the Demented Ratling become hostile? I had been using Thrundarr's room as a drop spot for several artifacts and the 6 SoCR that Khele gave me for safe keeping. I have no idea how a dwarf got in there and picked them up, but they're gone now. So I have to get them back. Good grief. Got them back. Sorry Thrundarr. Should have stayed on your lever. I didn't want this for you.
    Last edited by Snock; 09-24-2017 at 12:12 AM.