Thread: The most recent, the most heartbreaking, and the most stupid death of my career

Threaded View

Default The most recent, the most heartbreaking, and the most stupid death of my career

Been playing for nearly two decades, and never achieved a legitimate ultra ending. That was about to change.

I gave Khelavaster an amulet of life-saving that I had found, and didn't even have to wish for. I bested the mummy lord in his pyramid and cleansed the dwarven graveyard. I satisfied the demented ratling. I swore Devotion to The One Who Kills, and became its champion. I solved the minotaur maze and vanquished their emperor. I completed Gaab'Bays quests, and earned the Medal of Chaos. I defeated the Orb Guardians and descended deep into the Caverns of Chaos. I slew the ancient blue wyrm in its lair to please Sharad-Waador and earn the artifact dagger Sting. I slew countless more ancient blue dragons for experience, and quaffed the many stat potions they dropped. I visited the Assassin Prince, and received the quest though he was hostile... The assassins panicked the first step I took off the stairs. I exploded Filk in a mighty fireball on level one of the infinite dungeon. The Mad Minstrel told me the location of the scintillating cave, where I vanquished the emperor moloch and read the crumpled scroll immediately, just like you're supposed to. A grateful Khelavaster conjured the Trident of the Red Rooster, which I used to destroy Keriax at the Ancient Stone Circle. I wrote a dozen scrolls of cure corruption to prepare myself for the final push, and held on to a blessed ring of djinni summoning, just in case. I cleared D50, and waited until I was corrupted beyond recognition. I took a deep breath and dove into the chaos gate, with the Medal and Crown tucked safely into my backpack, rather than on my neck and head. I was summarily devoured after failing the final test.

There is no force in Ancardia as powerful as my own ineptitude. Anyone have the number for the suicide prevention hotline?
    Last edited by Snock; 09-29-2017 at 04:50 PM.