Thread: Class change ideas, if wrong place to post sorry, but after years of playing

Threaded View

Post Class change ideas, if wrong place to post sorry, but after years of playing

So got some ideas for changes, Yes alot of people do I know. I just want to share and express them.

****Classes I feel are fine AND DO NOT NEED changes:
    Fighter (yea I know alot would not like me saying they are good, not the best but good.)
    Paladin (Best class for wins even Ultra if you know how i feel)
    Assassin (hard to explain why but they dont need much of a boost really)
    Wizard (cause scienc....I mean magic)

Bard (RNG is why you picked him, and right now he is in a good spot, tho companions are just bad for any class....yes any, but your not playing a bard for a companion right?)
    Healer (need i say it?, if they needed a boost, and they may I dont know what)
    Merchant (dont know what to say here, they arent my type to play but i dont know what to improve? just play a priest then?)
    Farmer (Like the idea of him as a story thing, he isnt strong but i would put him stronger then merchants or even healers in some cases, and companions are just bad)

*****[Strong in there styles and setup]
    Chaos Knights (good gear, funny mechanics, and well chaos not so bad now a days to play even if i dont like them, they can be fun)
    Duelist (its setup has been nicely done, and its balance changes i last saw really helped so its a great idea)
    Monk (Just a bad early game mostly, *I have one idea* since they are so mid to late game oriented to help them then but its just a cool idea not needed)
    Barbarian (well it is just that Barbarian, and it works so its good)
    Beastfighter (really just a different verison of Monk, but for more hard core players in some aspects, its good)
    Necromancer (just Hate minion management, so stopped playing them as its more pain then its worth, why i dont play bards much but i at least still play bards)

Archer (Just needs ways to switch ammo quicker or with better ease, as ammo swapping gets annoying or lets mobs walk up to you, Strong mid to late game)

Weak classes i recommend changes to: ----note companions or summoning them is weak as most die in one attack or cant keep up (speed)-----
    RANGER (as dual wielding primary needs more opportunities to shine, new talent ideas help with that)
    For being a person who is OUTdoors like, he sure doesnt get much benefit OUT of it. Did the Pun work?
    (ideas to fix outdoor stuff)

Thief (minor change to make up for one less powerful class feature)

Priest *ONE change listed below* (one of my favorites actually, not great class for late game for sure)

Mindcrafter (I know many would disagree but its simple really, to fix them so read below)

Druid (For a friend of the Wild or wilderness, he sure lacks any REAL benefit especially for veteran gamers)
    (rather play a priest then druid even if i feel priest lacks any real end game powers, and priest is better at early game too.)

Elementalisht (I understand what the goal is of the class design, it just needs a supporting ELEMENT to fix it) Puns too cringy yet?

Weaponsmith (yes i said it, they are actually weak overall due to it doesnt feel special to be one, anyone can smith if they prep right and learn it)
    (So i have a tempting idea to make them FEEL unique in what they do)
    [however i am going to post them on a seperate post, its a SMALL but complex change, that would need looking into]

================================================== =====================================
    First before we talk about Ranger, lets look at duel wielding talent (or just class powers if not wanted as a talent):
    (goal of duel wielding changes, to promote usage of it more overall, but not to disable the shields effectiveness, since shields give PV usually. That means only DV increases that require investment really should be needed.)

Two weapon defense: +2 DV when wielding two one handed weapons
    Requires two weapon skill (at 50 perhaps?) and at least Dex 14 or higher?

Finesse Defense: +2 DV while wielding a weapon of 30 stones or less, or weight total less then 60 Stones for dual wielding or two handed.
    Requires Dex 18 and maybe Perception 14? since its more about seeing and moving quickly with your senses.
    (mainly targetting daggers, swords, staves, two-handers [again they are swords])

60 stones max is key to prevent some really odd combos of weapons.
    Tho one handed eternium spears, and warhammers do met this, i can only say let it pass or state it cant work for polearms, maces, flails, and hammers.
    This talent is aimed at light weapon wielding combos, and could technically be used with a one hand and shield Late game mostly from better metals I suppose. Early game it better to invest in careful and defensive fighter I feel.

Thiefs and Assassins gain a bit of benefit to this too (in case of needle and sting if they got those with these talents who cares, its lv 45 plus they worked for it)
    ================================================== =======================================

As an old Game Master of DND once said to me, "Rewarding players is harder but proves more fruitful for what you want out of the game."

I replied "Wait so, Do not punish the player then really ever?"

His response, "If my warnings are not enough to prevent a bad (stupid) choice, PUNISH! Harshly punish."

ADOM years ago first playing.
    Are you sure you want to dive into the water without knowing how to swim Y/n?
    Yes.....your drowning, you are drowning, you die......
    I had my warning lol, then the game taught me a few things the hard way....alot of things really.

*****Now for Rangers*****

Out door effects feel week and also very lacking compared to other classes.
    As the Dual Wield focus class adding some more benefit or focus to that style helps.

LV 6 (weak power but keep) ALSO add in they also get +2 DV while wielding a one handed weapon, and +2 damage to weapons while not using a shield.

LV 12 (cool not slowed in wilderness) but i dont want to be out there due to game time limit...so...then lets say they get a 20% reduced cost for movement WHILE in wilderness only.
    done this is fixed and now nice, not too op and can only work out doors still, and let it stack with the LV 40 power, cause why not its only wilderness not indoors for this 20%.

LV25 Orignal class power very good late game i feel, but when you get it, its just .......barely ok. So Add increased site range while in wilderness by 5 always and then this little boost makes this power actually ok for traveling and such.

Everything else is fine.

****Thiefs*****
    Just feels like one lv power just isnt worth noting if you dont plan on using it really. even then its annoying to have.
    skill ups or gains in it make that lv feel more meaning full, and adds more fun to playing the class.

LV18 only two changes, ability to toggle his normal lv 18 power, and give him two random skills at this level to make it feel more like he has a knack to know things

easy fix done and class is suitable at this point.

***********Priest****************
    ALL TURNING ablities are weak or ineffective (looking at lv 40 and lv 50 specifically)
    Have it so that if not INSTANTLY destoryed they are turned as damage with % hp damage of all undead within 1 space per 5 levels of PC (so 8 spaces at lv 40, 10 at lv 50)
    % hp damage is scaled to PC LV one for one so 50% at lv 50

Seems strong? not really as most undead of late game Heal FAST (liches anyone? is a good example)
    Again this is also only good against undead so not a game breaker.
    If worried about chaotic alignment situation and Grave robbing, at lv 40 plus they shouldnt have much a problem anyways with or without this on undead.

the higher level turn powers are generally never seen at the areas that would need them (and higher grade liches [master and such] SUMMON NON-undead alot)

==Note==
    In the end these class powers Unchanged are just really not going to see the LIGHT of day much it BURNS me to say. Pun?

******Mindcrafter************************
    YES mindcraft powers are STRONG, just the class suffers if it cant use them to the point it was better to play a fighter. This Simple fix right here changes my MIND...

LV 25 :keep the +5 willpower, add in half damage from undead feedback

LV 50 :75% damage reduced from undead feedback. DONE easy fix

They are so limited as is on things i feel this fair, and I almost always FROM FULL HP even if its above normal due to high toughness, die to undead feedback if i accidentally hit them.
    I dont play them cause i keep forgetting about some mobs immunity or undead keep sneaking into my aoe in mobs or such its a pain.
    I find them not worthwhile to play due to this since the feedback is so dam strong a punishment and its not resolved til lv 50? end game when I needed it so long ago?

They dont learn spells well ( i know why that is but it makes it harder)
    They dont have built in advantages outside mindcraft like at all really just a plain character then at that. *Confusion resistance aside (as items can be if gotten effective enough)
    Rather play a fighter thats elf for casting potential, a paladin, or even a monk. Heck any grey or high elf basicly says i can give my class, spell usage.

*******Druid***********************************
    When I think Druid, I think natures friend and companion of the WILDS
    in adom thats SEEMS to hold true, but for a friend of the elements of the wilderness he sure is lacking in wilderness effects or really any TRUE BENEFIT from being outside.

Lv12 power to regen PP quick is nice but as vet players know (we want to spend as little time in the wilds as possible) so this power is very sadly more a trap.
    while taking it away would not help, adding to it would reducing movement or TIME spent in the wilderness by 20% would more then make up for this. It would also make sense
    for a friend of nature to be able to be more efficient in his survival in it. THIS would also have a impact on the game itself for the class.

LV 18 Immunity to wheather.......well that makes sense, however, proper planning and i get the same result.......yep weak power without a doubt. How bout we ADD to it as keeping it makes very little difference anyways. LETS enchance his time/movement bonus to travel in the WILD! say to 50% this time (up from 20% not stacking)

LV 25.....companions are not strong in adom usually (special cases different or necro its different) so this power is well what it is, not going to touch it just wanted to point out that i will never use a power like this except to possibly train my mana skill the animals can die for all i care, and guess what wish granted they die easily by this lv of danger you go into.
    [just wish charisma didnt get so hurt by companion deaths]

LV 32 hp regen in wilderness up......again we dont want to spend time in the wilds much (as all important things in adom really dont take place there)
    BUT we cannot keep increasing the movement in wilds or reduce time spent anymore as its already high enough (and it could out shine other classes)

SO I have a even better idea, Lets have it so that you Heal some corruption points you have (will NOT GET RIDE OF corruption effects just the pts gain to get the next one)
    Important to not it is as you travel you are Refreshed by natures order and kept balanced. but it doesnt remove corruption effects just the point that build up to get them.

This is so that you slow down the rate you are corrupted, as more a slight side benefit to travel late game but not game breaking.

LV 50 would like it increased to 20% but thats just so it feels worthwhile, really its ok as is, just not really seeming to be lv 50 strong as far as people are aware of its strength.

********ELEMENTALIST*********************

Simple really, a caster of elements, that doesnt NEED To learn them from books is the idea for this caster. SO let us SUPPORT that ELEMENT of the class. (puns dont stop)

So add in a class invoke power at lv 18 and lv 25 that does this simple thing.
    it teaches them as if they HAD learned from a book, using their LEVEL as a bonus to learning for ELEMENT spells only
    Burning hands
    Frost bolt
    Fire bolt
    ETC.... you know

but make it so it takes alot of time compared to book reading (like 4-5 times as long) and they can only do it once a week at most and I am guessing with the standard caps on knowledge gained and such

and that was a simple fix to elementalist.

Sadly I dont know how to program so hope these ideas are not hard to put in the works.

Again Weaponsmiths are going to be on their own post.
    Last edited by Enlonwhite; 11-13-2017 at 06:19 PM.